Central Park or Boardwalk View

I would love to hear your experience if you had either a Boardwalk or a Central Park view balcony.

I'm in the process of booking and definately want to try one of these view balconies for this cruise. I enjoy just sitting and watching the world go by.

Because of this my DH thinks a Boardwalk view would have more things to look at vs. Central Park view.

I've read though that Central Park view is so peaceful to listen to the birds and see the greenery. But is there enough action going on to keep my eyes busy.

The reason I am hesitant about the Boardwalk view is that I'm an extemely light sleeper. We generally go to sleep around 11 p.m. on a cruise. Can you hear the nightclubs at that time or other activities.

How is the day time noise?

I would really appreciate you sharing your experiences with me, it's quite a bit of money to spend, I want to make the right decision!

Thanks

We have a CP balcony on our upcoming cruise. Not enough to see? I love just sitting and watching the ocean. There is generally very little to see out there, but I could watch it forever.

I chose CP because I figured it would be quieter. It's usually quiet times that I use the balcony (pre-dinner).

I actually think that I will miss my oceanview balcony, but I knew I had to try out an inside balcony.

We had an ocean view balcony, so I am just going to give you what I think from having spent time in both the Boardwalk and Central Park areas.

I think with the Boardwalk, you will see more "action." There is the Aqua Theater, so you will see and hear the shows, the belly flop contests, etc. I would think you'd also feel a little more open and can probably see the water. I don't think it gets too loud, except when there are shows--but I don't think they last later than 10pm. If it rains, no one is out there.

With Central Park, it is very serene. To me, it's very peaceful, but almost had the feel of a lobby of an Embassy Suites. If you want to look out on foliage and just relax, that's the place to go. Completely different atmosphere. I can't imagine it would ever be loud.

Again, just observations from someone who didn't stay in either. I'm guessing you'd like either one. Let me know if you have questions.

Archived