Port Canaveral to MCO for 12:15 flight?

We are sailing on the Monarch in September. The ship gets into port on a Friday. The Jet Blue flight leaves MCO at 12:15. Is this realistic? Thanks for any thoughts.

depends on what time you get off the ship. mco is about an hours drive from the port, so i think you will be cutting it very close at best. for me, i would choose a later flight, but thats just me.

I have done a flight as early as 11:50 but do not suggest it.

In answer to your question, yes it can be done.

I don't like anything earlier than 1:00 out of MCO. I am one of them that is always on nerve end once we get off the ship and make our flight, always concerned we are gonna be late. Never have but it really gets me nervous.

The security at MCO is one of those that can be soooo backed up it takes you an hour to get through. One of the things that bothers me about your flight is the fact it is Friday, the nice thing about it is it is scheduled before everyone is trying to get out of Orlando for the weekend.

Another problem is the Beachline highway between MCO and Port Canaveral. This highway is a very busy strech of road. Once on our way to MCO there was a fatal car accident that had traffic backed up for miles. Fortunately we had a GPS with us (at the time most cars/individuals did not have one). This particular day we had a 2:00 flight and arrived at the gate at 1:00, fortunately we had given ourselves a one hour cushion.

Normally you would not have a problem but you never know. I think you will make it unless you have special circumstances. My personal nervousness would prohibit me from anything earlier than 1:00 or later.

Tim

It is possible under certain conditions. Ive done that... from MCO to charlotte. My flight was actually around that time 12:30. But...you just have to be careful. We are always the first off the ship..around 7am. Only thing is we got on the bus and had to wait for it to fill up to leave back to the airport. But i guess you could take a taxi and not wait, you'd save some time that way. Once we got to the airport we got there so early that during check in we were offered an earlier flight. It was leaving right then so we took off and got on it. Cost us 25 pp to change flights but to get home earlier was worth it. We got off the ship and was home in Charlotte by 12pm. It can be a close call but it is possible.

I think if you carry off your luggage you would make it but I must admit our airport can have very long security lines so I think if you don't get off early you could miss your flight.

We have sailed out of PC 5 times. All of our flights were before 1pm and two of them were before noon (one at 11:10am). We have never had a problem making our flights. Yes the ship could be late or you could hit a traffic jam but if you get off the ship and let's say, 8:00am. you have over 4 hours before your flight leaves! It's only a one hour trip to the airport so you have some cushion. If you're really concerned, pay for Luggage Valet if your airline is on the approved list. That will save you some time.

We've done it for a 10:40 flight. We carried off our own luggage, and had an hour to spare before our flight left.

That said, if you don't like high stress levels to end your vacation, go for a later flight, if possible. Too many things can go wrong.

Keep in mind, the last few times I have been on MN,the first ones off(those carrying their own luggage) have been leaving around 7:45am.......

My friend had a 11:55am flight and I got her to the airport by 10.....(we had to go pick my car up at the hotel first and we didnt get off the ship till almost 8:30)......so I think it can be done.........

It's no problem carry off your luggage rent a car and you could be at MCO for 9am

I wouldnt even take the time to go get a rental and then turn it in at MCO....take a shuttle ,like Cocoa Beach Shuttle..

It's definitely do-able, unless disembarkation is delayed for some reason. Either carry-off your own luggage, or arrange to be in the first group to be allowed off the ship. Have a shuttle service set up. You should be fine, barring any rare and unexpected delay.

Archived