Best Place for Beer-Halifax

My wonderfully accomodating DH is letting me plan all of our excursions for our upcoming cruise - his only request is that we "stop somewhere for a beer" in Halifax. I did a search and found a four year old thread that listed a variety of pubs/breweries but I have no idea if any of them still exist. I also know absolutely nothing about beer as I don't drink it myself. So, can someone please recommend a place for us to stop? We aren't looking for a tour or a tasting or anything like that, just a decent place with reasonable prices for him to have a drink. Thanks!

You will have no trouble finding a place if you are wandering along the waterfront or Barrington St., Argyle St. Spring Garden Road. I would say that when the mood strikes just look around.

If you are like my son's and like good beer at brew pubs, I would suggest Rogues Roost on Spring Garden Road at Queen St. (upstairs) I just google "pubs halifax" and got a map with some of the more popular ones. The Split Crow and Old Triangle have atmosphere.

Look here: http://where.ca/halifax/subcategory_guide.cfm?subcategory_id=1&category_id=1&subtitle_id=14

My son in Halifax tells me a great place for a beer is the hart and Thistle brew pub; www.hartandthistle.com. It is at the far end of the harbour boardwalk. It has great beer and and a patio/deck right on the water. If you have a stroll all along the waterfront you will have earned the beer when you get there. It would also be a great spot for lunch. If it is a rainy day there are tables inside with huge windows overlooking the water. There are lots of shops and the Maritime Museum along the way.

Archived