Carnival Liberty or NCL Dawn with 2 girls 8 & 11?

Abeynrml

We have narrowed the field to these two cruises. The Dawn, to Bermuda is close to home so no airfare required. Liberty, western Caribbean, was a great deal even with airfare. I have cruised both lines before but not used the kids clubs.

Any thoughts?

My 9 YO (along with my 6 YO and a 4 YO and 15 YO that were with us) all loved loved loved Camp. Begged (quite literally) to go at every opportunity. Some kids don't dig the organized programs, but all the kids with us did.

I'm unsure of the things that are available to do in Bermuda, but there are lots and lot of fun things for older kids to do on a Western Caribbean sailing.

And judging by the fact I have Liberty booked for January means I'm also partial to the Liberty.

Good luck!

We have narrowed the field to these two cruises. The Dawn, to Bermuda is close to home so no airfare required. Liberty, western Caribbean, was a great deal even with airfare. I have cruised both lines before but not used the kids clubs.

Any thoughts?

i haven't cruised NCL, but my daughter absolutely LOVES the camp carnival, so much so i haven't tried a different line, and likely won't until she is older. the liberty, from what i can tell is a great ship, and one that i hopefully will be visiting in the next year or so. but bermuda is a place id absolutely love to try out, living in the NE, its great because no airfare, but NCL and RCI's prices are reallllllly high, making it cheaper to go south, but now you can do it more economically on carnival (the Pride and i believe the miracle will each go there ).

My older son now 19 and too cool to vacation with us, loved camp Carnival too when he was younger. I've never been to Bermuda, but my husband was before kids and loved it. We enjoyed our NCL cruise last summer to Alaska, but that was our honeymoon and without kids. The girls are shy so I'm not sure how eager they will be to join in.

Definitely NCL, only because you can cruise without flying (extra $, delays, baggage, hassles, etc) and Bermuda is great with kids. Carnivals kids club is very good too but we love NCL too. So just the cruising from home is a deal maker for me, we cruised with the kids to Bermuda twice already and always had a great time.

We traveled on our first cruise vacation (NCL Jewel) last Dec with DD6 & DS8. DS LOVED the kids club and didnt want to leave. They had lots of games and fun activities and he had a blast. DD thought it was ok but would have preferred that they had more arts & crafts and quiet activities. She prefered to have more alone time with mom and dad and play in the pool. Both kids thought that the cruise was the best vacation that they had ever been on.

We are planning our next cruise vacation this Dec on Carnival (price/itenarary were better than NCL this time) and DD is very excited because they have a lot of arts & crafts listed on their kids schedules.

I think which club works better for your children will depend on their personality but they will probably have a great time on either one.

Archived