Noordam --VA 7136 or VB 4178

kymbakitty

Please forgive me in advance if these decks are discussed time and time again (I'm sure they are)...but I'm in a bit of a time crunch.

We are looking to book a Med cruise and we really want the back of the ship--it's our favorite place to be. Unfortunately, there are only HUGE suites and just the VA/VBs. The Verada cabins are a little small....they are just under 200 square feet and we really prefer a min of 250; however, I believe since they are aft, they should have a larger balcony because most aft verandas are larger than the same category cabins that are not aft....but I also know that every ship is different and I can't assume anything.

I have a 24 hour hold.

Can someone please tell me if they know anything about VA 7136 on the Rotteram deck or VB 4178 on the Upper Promenade deck.

Are deck(s) exposed? Are the balconies larger (aft)....is one deck preferable over another?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated....

Thanks!!!!!

Dawn

We were in 4178. The balcony was about 11 ft deep at the center of the curve (9.5 ft wide), and roughly half of it was covered. We had intermittent strong vibrations that kept me up most of the first few nights. I given irl_joanie pictures and comments.

Scroll down to 4178 here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Noordam/index.html

7136 would have less vibration and both a larger room and verandah. (4178 is roughly 2.5 ft shorter than 4176 next to it because of the recessed doorway for access to 4180)

Wanted to note that VA 7136 is a slightly, but measurably longer cabin than VB 4178. 7136 is however not quite as long as the VA's next door to 4178.

The balconies should be almost exactly the same size. Deck plans are to scale, and they measure the same depth.

Wanted to note that VA 7136 is a slightly, but noticeably larger/longer cabin than VB 4178.

The balconies should be almost exactly the same size - deck plans are to scale, and they measure the same depth.

Pat - I edited after you posted. The 4178 balcony is also about a foot shorter than 4176 next to it because of the curve. Our short side (toward port) was 10.5 ft and our long side was 11.5 ft. That means that 4176's short side was 11.5 ft, and their long side was probably more like 12- 12.5 ft.

I just noticed that IRL_Joanie also has pics of 4176, just above mine. That should be close to 7136 for size.

Wanted to note that VA 7136 is a slightly, but measurably longer cabin than VB 4178. 7136 is however not quite as long as the VA's next door to 4178.

The balconies should be almost exactly the same size. Deck plans are to scale, and they measure the same depth.

My head is spinning....I like the idea that half the balcony is covered on the 4178 room....but I'm not crazy about the idea of being over that lounge where you hear the singers practice.

Any "good to know" items with 7136?

And wow....what an amazing webpage you put together....when I get home, I will be able to actually look at it (I'm at work....so I really can't get too involved in anything--skipped breaks and lunch today just to do what I did)....

:)

Please forgive me in advance if these decks are discussed time and time again (I'm sure they are)...but I'm in a bit of a time crunch.

We are looking to book a Med cruise and we really want the back of the ship--it's our favorite place to be. Unfortunately, there are only HUGE suites and just the VA/VBs. The Verada cabins are a little small....they are just under 200 square feet and we really prefer a min of 250; however, I believe since they are aft, they should have a larger balcony because most aft verandas are larger than the same category cabins that are not aft....but I also know that every ship is different and I can't assume anything.

I have a 24 hour hold.

Can someone please tell me if they know anything about VA 7136 on the Rotteram deck or VB 4178 on the Upper Promenade deck.

Are deck(s) exposed? Are the balconies larger (aft)....is one deck preferable over another?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated....

Thanks!!!!!

Dawn

Here are some photos and additional comments from fellow CC members to help you decide:

VA 4174, VA 4176, VA 4179 and VA 4181 Deluxe Verandah Ocean View Staterooms. These AFT Staterooms are about 3 feett shorter than the other 2 Aft facing cabins (VB 4178 and VB 4183.) However, they are about 6 inches wider. Does not sound like much but does help with the congestion around the end of the bed. Balcony size is about 10 feet X 10 feet with a lounge chair, two deck chairs, a very small table and ottoman/footstool. The Deck 4 Aft VA's are all about 3 ft longer inside than the side VA's, and the balconies are about 4 ft deeper than the side VA's. http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Noordam/index.html

I do not have photos or comments on 7136, sorry.

Joanie

My head is spinning....I like the idea that half the balcony is covered on the 4178 room...
ALL of the stern VA & VB balconies on the Noordam decks 4, 5, 6, and 7 are about 1/2 covered, and those on deck 8 are almost fully covered.

.....but I'm not crazy about the idea of being over that lounge where you hear the singers practice.

4178 is over the upper dining room, and we heard no noise from there.

And wow....what an amazing webpage you put together....:)
That's IRL_JOANIE's site, and yes, she's done a great job!

VA 4174, VA 4176, VA 4179 and VA 4181 Deluxe Verandah Ocean View Staterooms. These AFT Staterooms are about 3 feett shorter than the other 2 Aft facing cabins (VB 4178 and VB 4183.) However, they are about 6 inches wider.

Joanie

This reads wrong. It's the two VBs that are shorter than the four VAs.

ALL of the stern VA & VB balconies on the Noordam decks 4, 5, 6, and 7 are about 1/2 covered, and those on deck 8 are almost fully covered.

4178 is over the upper dining room, and we heard no noise from there.

That's IRL_JOANIE's site, and yes, she's done a great job!

This reads wrong. It's the two VBs that are shorter than the four VAs.

OK, I must have transposed when I copied one of your posts a few months ago, sorry John.

Is this correct now:

VA 4174, VA 4176, VA 4179 and VA 4181 Deluxe Verandah Ocean View Staterooms. These VA AFT Staterooms are about 3 feet lomger than the other 2 Aft facing cabins (VB

4178 and VB 4183.) They are also about 6 inches wider. Does not sound like much but does help with the congestion around the end of the bed. Balcony size is about 10 feet X 10 feet with a lounge chair, two deck chairs, a very small table and ottoman/footstool. The Deck 4 Aft VA's are all about 3 ft longer inside than the side VA's, and the balconies are about 4 ft deeper than the side VA's.

Joanie

Archived