Eastern Itinery for Magic

yankee46

;) I added a bunch of stuff since I first posted and added it to my signature. I had a bunch of this in separate maps from indivual cruises so decided to make a public one that others might find useful. Those maps on Carnival are only to get you in general vicinity, and sometimes not even close.

thanks...yeah....from seeing that, the Itin they have is the best they can do coming east.

;) I added a bunch of stuff since I first posted and added it to my signature. I had a bunch of this in separate maps from indivual cruises so decided to make a public one that others might find useful. Those maps on Carnival are only to get you in general vicinity, and sometimes not even close.

Great map! Can't wait to see it finished!

Maybe some of you complaining about the Magic doing the same old itineraries, should check CCL's website. Or maybe not, I dont want the news to get out and drive the prices up. But the Magic has bookings available for Belize, Isle of Roattan, Costa Maya and one other port, I cant remember off the top of my head, It is probably Cozumel. It is an 8 Day, and Im thrilled. I; however want to do the east carrib again, the scube diving in the Freeport and Nassau is awsome. I can buy crap at the dollor store around the corner, but I cant dive with Reef sharks and corral reef in North Texas.

(at least you *Knew* what color to put that Texas in);)

You know...Texas Used to be its Own Country....

That why the Texas flag is the only State flag that is legally allowed to fly at the same height as the US flag. ~Its true, thats why all the rest fly a bit lower~:D

The Texas Flag is not the only state flag that is allowed to fly at the same level as the Stars and Stripes. All States are allowed to fly their flag at an equal or lower level than the American Flag. This is nothing more than an urban legend, sorry to burst your bubble. I can cite many sources and here is just one of many. http://www.snopes.com/history/american/texasflag.asp

Maybe some of you complaining about the Magic doing the same old itineraries, should check CCL's website. Or maybe not, I dont want the news to get out and drive the prices up. But the Magic has bookings available for Belize, Isle of Roattan, Costa Maya and one other port, I cant remember off the top of my head, It is probably Cozumel. It is an 8 Day, and Im thrilled. I; however want to do the east carrib again, the scube diving in the Freeport and Nassau is awsome. I can buy crap at the dollor store around the corner, but I cant dive with Reef sharks and corral reef in North Texas.

However they are only doing the 8 day cruise once and it is over Christmas time.

wow...(again)

the difference is you are being very harsh and abrasive--maybe its just your way--- Im a Texan, a Southerner, I guess we tend to be a bit gentler, perhaps, but I digress,

(again) the ships that leave Galveston do NOT have to go thru the oil, the ships leaving NOLA are (basicly) going around it (according to Carnival Website, not me)

Sure we sail Past the oil rigs, *past* them not right next to them, not really 'thru' them(where do you think the gulf oil comes from?)

I (and many others apparently) think Carnival was Very Wise to give that New ship to Galveston, like I said the 'Texas Cruise Dollar' is VERY strong. And Carnival also reconized that NOLA was ready to get back to pre-Katrina status with 2 (really great) ships again.:)

(and if you will notice I have enough class not to try to bash your part of the country)

Wow, what an attitude!!!! I've never met a yankee foreigner yet that had a pleasant personality. They are for the most part all the same. Maybe even a little jealousy here that I detect??? Your personality runs about the same as our black sea as you term it. Nasty, nasty, nasty!!:mad:

You people were real quick to jump on this poster.

Even threw a spell check in there .

Are you really proud of yourselves :confused:

As for the OP, it is the Bahamas.

Carnival will include the word Exotic Eastern Carib if you go any further :D .

Only as quick as that poster was to start thrashing the Gulf , Galveston, and the fact Magic will be here in our homeport. Sorry, scroll up and see how this got started;)

Wow, what an attitude!!!! I've never met a yankee foreigner yet that had a pleasant personality. They are for the most part all the same. Maybe even a little jealousy here that I detect??? Your personality runs about the same as our black sea as you term it. Nasty, nasty, nasty!!:mad:

You quoted me? :confused:

Was your repsonse directed at me or the person I was responding to?

:confused:

You quoted me? :confused:

Was your repsonse directed at me or the person I was responding to?

:confused:

The person you were responding to of course. I was agreeing with you, that is why I responded to your quote. Look where I'm from???:)

The person you were responding to of course. I was agreeing with you, that is why I responded to your quote. Look where I'm from???:)

Thought so...just double checking.

(ya never know)

when you quoted me, I thought, 'maybe she misunderstood'

No worries.

:)

I C Ur A Texun 2 ;)

:p

Great map! Can't wait to see it finished!

Let me know what other ports I need to add. I think I've added most but am probably missing a few. I know I need to add the other homeports as well (Miami, NO, Mobile, etc.)

I may start a separate thread for my map when I get it about done. I was only going to respond to Kelz and list the locations in question but then I sometimes get carried away when I start something like this.

Glad it's useful.

No, not "as close to Galveston as it is to FL".

http://www.thegovmonitor.com/images/bp_oil_spill_nearshore_trajectory_june25_2010_big.jpg

All the projections I've heard are that the currents will eventually take the oil down around FL and up the East Coast, not over towards TX and Mexico. But you know what, no matter where you live, you have to believe this sucks royally. And, regardless of the projections based on the currents, I'm afraid of what the tropical storms and hurricanes are going to do to it. I don't care what state's beaches are currently being affected. It is disaster for ALL of us.

Go back and read what I said...I didn't say the oil was heading to TX. I live on FL's West Coast and I am all too well aware of where it is heading. It sickens me.

What I said is that where it is leaking from is equally as close to Galveston as it is to FL. Do we need another map? LOL

And everyone I talk to (myself included) is so very afraid of what the upcoming hurricane season is going to do. I read an article yesterday about the potential for the disbursements they have dumped in the water to evaporate and turn into toxic rain. If that happens...it will affect more than just our shoreline areas.

And everyone I talk to (myself included) is so very afraid of what the upcoming hurricane season is going to do. I read an article yesterday about the potential for the disbursements they have dumped in the water to evaporate and turn into toxic rain. If that happens...it will affect more than just our shoreline areas.

(I dont mean this to sound ugly, altho Im afarid it might, understand that is not my intent)

I am surprised that so many have not considered what the dispersents are going to do... over all. They have already said they (the chemical dispersants that they are spraying constantly on the underwater gusher of oil) are not meant to be used in large quanties. And they have been steadly spraying it along with the oil for over 60 days. Of Course its going to have a devistating effect on things. who knows what its doing to the sealife (even the ones we consume, far outside the 'no fish' zone) that stuff is NOT staying in one place. its mixing with the water and being carried who knows where. The sealife is NOT staying in one location either, there are no 'no fish past this line' signs. who knows what fish is eating/ absorbing what and then goes into the food chain.... you get it.

Of course the oil/disperense is going to come back in the form of Toxic Rain, it is already (remember acid rain 'back in the day'?) I heard/read that the rain in Florida is showing traces of oil...of course, its drawn from the gulf....

~steping off my soap box~

I am as heart sick as the rest of you....

all this started because the one person called Galveston the "home of BP and the oil spill" I and others simplypointed out that the oil is (right now) affecting LA (Grand Ilse and otheres ), MS (GulfShores and otheres) and FL. (sad as it is) We all hate it. Forida (and the otheres) has some of the most beautiful beaches in the US. I LOVE Pensicola...spent the summer there a several years ago. and now when friends send me pics, its just sad.

Oh crap...Now Im going to start complaining. I was so excited. Now I'm bummed. :(

Give it time as it took what seemed like FOREVER to get the Eastern Route. And I have a feeling she's going to be in Galveston for a while...:D If you can't wait come take the Christmas one with us....:);):p:D

How can Carnival call Eastern Carib, Nassau, Freeport and Key West Sounds like Bahamas to me. What a wasted trip that is going to be just my opinion.

You're right. My question is, "When is an Eastern Caribbean cruise not a Caribbean cruise at all"? This itinerary goes from the Gulf of Mexico to the Atlantic. What part of it is in the Caribbean?

You're right. My question is, "When is an Eastern Caribbean cruise not a Caribbean cruise at all"? This itinerary goes from the Gulf of Mexico to the Atlantic. What part of it is in the Caribbean?

I was going to ask the same question. Though naive to an extent, isn't this cruise almost exclusively in the Gulf and the Atlantic?

Regardless, while I congratulate Galveston on getting the Magic, we're going to re-book the Dream and forego Carnival's next arrival. We were in rooms 12202 and 12204 and absolutely loved the peace and quiet of Deck 12. Carnival crammed a load of rooms up there on the Magic and it just won't be the same.

And with respect to the 9 and 10 day cruises, my TA advises me those will be Triumph routes, as the Triumph is the one with the present four and five day itineraries, making the 9 and 10 days jaunts a perfect fit.

However, for all of you who will cruise the Magic, I hope you all have a "Magic"al time.

Best,

Alan

Archived