Superstar Virgo

Chanel5

Hi

I am going on the Superstar Virgo Cruise on the 12 Sept 10.

It is true you must choose where to eat wisely, i was advised, you can only use your card once at the free eaterys. So if you didn't like the food at the chinese (example) i can not go to the buffett, is this true.

Does the ship dock at Phuket or is it a tender.

Can you where thongs on board?

Superstar VIRGO has several inclusive restaurants (i) Asian family (ii) Western Buffet and (iii) General Dining Room . Go as often as you like no questions asked. Just show your door card .

Virgo also has several a la carte restaurants (i) French (ii) Italian (iii) Eastern etc where the menu is a la carte and the cost is charged to your on-board account .

If you have a Balcony cabin or Better you may have a F & B Credit for a Singapore $ amount . This credit can be used at account settlement to offset expenditure on alcohol beverages purchased in any dining area or bars, or food costs incurred at the aforesaid specialty restaurants .

I don't know why you would not like your breakfast at the buffet ; as the breakfast served at the buffet is basically the same breakfast that is served in the main dining room .

Tip: Take breakfast in the main dining room as it is still largely buffet self serve, but there is to the table waiter service for tea/coffee and you order eggs to order from your table waiter .

The Buffets on all big ships offer a wide range of cuisines, but it is very noisy and cafeteria-ish . Best visited when you only want something light to eat . Otherwise best to make it the main Dining Room for breakfast, lunch or dinner , or the Chinese Family restaurant for lunch or dinner .

IIRC they swipe your door card at the freebie restaurants some times, so you may only be able to get your "snout in the trough" once for each mealtime !

The overall quality and range of food at the inclusive restaurants on SS VIRGO is excellent, and the waiting staff are just so courteous ; and really set a bench mark for the entire cruise industry to emulate .

Archived