Carnival Teen Program question

Roaminkath

I'm just wondering if anyone has experience with the youth programs offered on the Carnival Cruises. We're taking our 14y/o with us on the Destiny Nov.6-11. While not an introvert she is a typical girl who can be a little shy at first. I'm wondering how good the counselors are at welcoming the 'singlettes' and helping them make friends.

We do most things as a family and love each other's company but it would be great if our dd found a friend or 2 to hang out on the ship with.

We're actually trying to talk my sister-in-law into letting our 15y/o niece go with us. But just in case I'm checking into the Circle C program on Carnival. PS: ths is our first cruise.

Thanks!!!!

Kathleen

I'm just wondering if anyone has experience with the youth programs offered on the Carnival Cruises. We're taking our 14y/o with us on the Destiny Nov.6-11. While not an introvert she is a typical girl who can be a little shy at first. I'm wondering how good the counselors are at welcoming the 'singlettes' and helping them make friends.

We do most things as a family and love each other's company but it would be great if our dd found a friend or 2 to hang out on the ship with.

We're actually trying to talk my sister-in-law into letting our 15y/o niece go with us. But just in case I'm checking into the Circle C program on Carnival. PS: ths is our first cruise.

Thanks!!!!

Kathleen

The counselors do a great job of getting the kids to meet and interact. The key, though, is to make sure she goes the first night. This is when the counselors do all of the meet/welcome aboard activities and when the kids start to form their groups. There are numerous stories on these boards about kids who did not go the first night, and had a tough time after meeting other teens.

• 2 weeks later...

My teens were in Club O2 and Circle C in December of 2008. They both LOVED their groups. They've stayed in touch with their friends and we've even had a chance to meet some of them again since then, while traveling to other parts of the country.

Like a previous poster said, it's really important to go the first night. Also, pay attention to where the kids are meeting up on the ship. Unlike the younger groups, they meet up in other places than the main club room.

Yes, definitely make sure she goes the first night. That really is when everyone gets to know each other and finds friends to hang out with. Someone else mentioned the age difference between your DD and niece would mean that they would be in different teen clubs. On our Inspiration cruise this year the two clubs did combine 2 or 3 times.

The counselors do a great job of getting the kids to meet and interact. The key, though, is to make sure she goes the first night. This is when the counselors do all of the meet/welcome aboard activities and when the kids start to form their groups. There are numerous stories on these boards about kids who did not go the first night, and had a tough time after meeting other teens.

Anyone know if the Victory has activities for the teens on the first night since it leaves so late? 9pm. We will be going with our 13 and 15 year old, I know they will be in seperate groups, my 15 year old probably won't go much, she is more of a loner, happier with a book, but my 13 year old will love it all. :)

• 1 month later...

Archived