LONG! Carnival Destiny Review & Photos ~ 6-14-10 ~ 5 days to Grand Turk, HMC & Nassau

We have a few carts reserved from Nathan and would like to kind of follow your route. When you left Nathan did you head around the island clockwise or counter-clockwise?

Disregard, I re-read this part and see that you headed north and then doubled back. We are hoping to hit Jack's by about 10:30 so we will probably do an abbreviated version of your tour but will be sure to include your (no longer secret) beach.

Disregard, I re-read this part and see that you headed north and then doubled back. We are hoping to hit Jack's by about 10:30 so we will probably do an abbreviated version of your tour but will be sure to include your (no longer secret) beach.

Hi! Yes, we headed to the farthest point north and worked our way back. GT is so small you can easily see most of the island before heading over to Jack's. Enjoy your cruise!

Hey Leah,

Awesome review.Such patience to do all of that.Loved reading it and looking at all the beautiful pictures.I think Tyler has grown since we saw him in Apr.on our last Cruise!You guys Cruise so much,wish we could!I guess there are many perks as to living in Florida,being so close to all the Cruise ports.I bet also getting great last minute deals.It costs us so much just to get to Florida and then to put a Cruise on top.....well you know!

Hope your enjoying this one also....I'm so jealous;).

Take care,say hi to all for us,

Talk soon,

Cathy

Hi Cathy, my Freedom cruise buddy! We sure wished you were there with us! Hopefully we can get together for a reunion cruise one day soon... before the kids outgrow all of us! LOL! Say "Hi" to Tony and the kids for us!

Thanks and welcome back, how was THIS one?

The Inspiration cruise was AWESOME! The ship is in great condition and the food is top-notch (both in taste and variety). What really blew us away was the entertainment staff and the Matre' D. The CD (Stephanie) and her staff worked their butts OFF! They really lived up to the FUN SHIP name and delivered a very fun and lively environment. The MD (Yusuf) swiftly corrected a dining mix-up (a change in dining time and our family was assigned to different tables). Yusuf and his dining staff delivered 5-star wait service and entertained us with singing and dancing EVERY night. Great ship! Hope to go back soon!

Loving the review. I just realized you got on the Inspiration the day we got off! Loved that ship too. And, your Miracle cruise for your 15th anniversary is the same week we are traveling on the Glory for our 2nd anniversary! We did our honeymoon on the 8 day Miracle cruise and loved it!

Can't wait to see what you book next as it seems our cruises are mirroring one another! We are in Orlando too. It's great to be near so many ports! Happy cruising!

Loving the review. I just realized you got on the Inspiration the day we got off! Loved that ship too. And, your Miracle cruise for your 15th anniversary is the same week we are traveling on the Glory for our 2nd anniversary! We did our honeymoon on the 8 day Miracle cruise and loved it!

Can't wait to see what you book next as it seems our cruises are mirroring one another! We are in Orlando too. It's great to be near so many ports! Happy cruising!

LOL! Besides what you mentioned above, it looks like we also have the Sensation, Freedom & Disney Wonder in common! One of these days we will end up on the same ship, at the same time! :D

Thank you for the awesome review. There is something so fun about seeing the pictures. DH and I are considering a 5 day sailing on the Destiny on January 1 (just a really quick getaway for ourselves) - too bad the itinerary isn't the same! (Ocho Rios/Grand Cayman). Anyway, I had read so many negative reviews on the reviews page so it was good to see such a positive one. :) (Of course, we've never had a bad cruise!)

Anyway, we're also considering the 8 day Miracle that you're booked on for NYE 2011 so I'll be patiently awaiting your review from that!

Thanks again!

I have spent the last 5 days reading your review. I am planning a group trip next August aboard the Destiny!!! This will be a trip for my mothers birthday and my family's first cruise. I have cruised with Carnival for my birthday this past April on a 7 day to the Western Carribbean. It was great!!! I have decided to introduce so many others to cruising lol. Out of the 18 going, only 3 have cruised before lol.

I read your review bc this is the same exact itinerary we will be doing. Your review has given me so much to think about. I simply loved the pictures!!! I am now going to be booking a cabana for HMC as soon as we board the ship. This will be a great suprise for my family. I really wanted to book the excursion you did on the last day, but my family really wants to spend the day at Atlantis. I love planning and reading and am just more excited than I have been since I thought to put this together.

Thanks again for such a great review and excellent pictures!!!!!!! So glad you and your family had so much fun!!! And have fun on the Miracle!!!!

Thanks everyone, for all the positive comments! Due to popular demand, I started a review of the Inspiration. :) The new review will be much shorter, but will have lots of cabin and sail-away photos. I also did a quick review in the "Reviews" section. You can find the link to both reviews in my signature. Now, we look forward to sailing on the Destiny AND the Inspiration again! Both ships are great, IMHO!

I, too, have spent the greater part of my day reading your awesome review. We are sailing on the Destiny in January (different itinerary) and have loved reading about every detail of your experience!! In fact, I can't wait t move to FL (we plan on retiring there) so we can book a cruise on a whim and sail!

Our upcoming cruise is my second with Carnival and I haven't been with them in a long time (Inspiration was my first [before her revamp], and like you I loved that ship and itinerary!). I am so psyched about our cruise now that I have read all of your details!! Thanks so much for investing so much time into your review!

CVQ - i loved your review of the Destiny - i am sailing her on sept 30 for my annual girls trip.... :eek: thank u for taking the time to post pics!!

i just came off the miracle and went to the same ports and loved seeing the pics again. I was laughing regarding your comments about Senor Frogs... we stopped in there for a quick lunch cause we had 4 hungry kids... well i think they may have gotten their first taste of spring break....:eek:

now i am off to read the INSPIRATION.....

We hop back in the golf cart, with me at the wheel. I drive north up one of the dirt roads and we pass by a new house under construction. The workers stop and wave as we drive by. Everyone here is so friendly! I turn left on Breezy Brae Road. When we get back to Church Folly Street I turn right, which is the long way around, but I want to see more of the inside of the island. We pass by a school, several houses and then businesses. Again, we receive many smiles and waves along the way. Several salt ponds line the interior of the island, and we zig-zag our way back to Pond Street. I turn left onto the main road, heading south. At the Do-It Center (looks like an Ace Hardware), I take the fork in the road to the right. We drive through a small neighborhood and then I see the familiar house up ahead on the right! YES! The small restaurant is still there! It didn't get blown away, after all. Yay! I park in the shade in front of the restaurant, which is called the Sunset Cabana. We hop out of the golf cart, collecting our back pack and snorkel bag. We are startled by a man riding a horse up the road! He stops to chat with us and we ask him if he knows the name of this beach. He says "No" and trots on down the road. I guess we'll never know the official name of this beach. I guess it will always be "our secret beach"!

100_3016.jpg?t=1279776566

A new sign has been installed on the road, declaring the beach is part of the National Park. I think the whole west coast is actually part of the NP, because we noticed signs just like this all up and down Beach Road.

100_3017.jpg?t=1279776566

The white building may not look like much, but it is a (very clean!) restroom... great for changing into dry clothes!

100_3018.jpg?t=1279776566

This is the side view of the restaurant. See the cedar tree on the left, down by the beach? That's the only bit of shade on the beach. We park all our gear under that tree.

100_3019.jpg?t=1279776566

DS wasted no time in getting down to the water! He is busy skipping shells while DH & I head over to the shady cedar tree.

100_3020.jpg?t=1279776566

We call this place our secret beach because we have never seen anyone here, except us! (And the lady who works in the restaurant, of course!) But, that is going to about to change... we have company!

UP NEXT: meeting our new beach companions!

Hi Cruise Vacation Queen,

We sailed the Destiny in May and I'm absolutely loving your review! We also rented a golf cart from Nathan and enjoyed touring the island with our 3 and 6 year old daughters. I was excited to see your private beach, as we found a beach like that as well. Wouldn't you know it, it's the same exact beach. I realized it when i saw the pictures of the rocks in the metal fencing. We found beautiful conch shells here, and even brought 1 home. My 6 yr old and I snorkeled here and saw beautiful fish. Thank you so much for the wonderful review. You are bringing back so many wonderful memories of our family vacation. :D

Hi Cruise Vacation Queen,

We sailed the Destiny in May and I'm absolutely loving your review! We also rented a golf cart from Nathan and enjoyed touring the island with our 3 and 6 year old daughters. I was excited to see your private beach, as we found a beach like that as well. Wouldn't you know it, it's the same exact beach. I realized it when i saw the pictures of the rocks in the metal fencing. We found beautiful conch shells here, and even brought 1 home. My 6 yr old and I snorkeled here and saw beautiful fish. Thank you so much for the wonderful review. You are bringing back so many wonderful memories of our family vacation. :D

Hi! So glad you found "our beach" and had a great family vacation onboard the Destiny! Happy sailing!

Whew took me hours to get thru this all, but it was so addicting and a nice break from my studying...thank you so much for posting this. This is the best TR ever! We are sailing on the Destiny in less than 3 weeks and these are the first detailed pics I've seen of the ship, it really helped to see them, and i'm looking forward to our cruise even more....

Whew took me hours to get thru this all, but it was so addicting and a nice break from my studying...thank you so much for posting this. This is the best TR ever! We are sailing on the Destiny in less than 3 weeks and these are the first detailed pics I've seen of the ship, it really helped to see them, and i'm looking forward to our cruise even more....

Hi! You've picked a great ship for your first cruise. Only problem is.... you're gonna be hooked! LOL! Enjoy!

We have sailed Destiny three times, and last Halloween was our first cruise with Key West & Cozumel. I took a lot of cabin photos Lido balcony cat 8E. Tried to show all the storage etc.

Here is link to my photos.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/575425266fozMmY?vhost=travel&start=0

Archived