Uniworld Enchanting Danbue

lizglea

Does anyone know if you can fly into Munich a few days early and just get back to the airport intime to pick up the Uniworld transfer to Passau. I usually book my own air and give Uniworld the arrival times. Can you get back into the baggage claim area where I assurme the Uniworld representative will met you.

You just gave me another question to ask Uniworld since I booked that cruise for next year. I know Uniworld provides a free transfer if you arrive within a certain time period on the day of departure even though you didn't book the flight through them. They would probably offer a transfer if you arrived a few days early but met them at the airport but it wouldn't be for free. I will have to research that as a possible option instead of booking the train ride to Passau myself and see which is more cost effective and/or convenient.

Last year I took this trip and used the transfer from Munich to Passau, arriving the same day as departure. There was another woman on the transfer bus who had arrived days earlier and obviously was able to meet the transfer bus at the Munich airport for the drive to the ship so it does not matter how long you have been in Europe prior to the cruise.

To I Like Vacations, let me know what you find out from Uniworld about the transfer to Passau. I was just to tell Uniworld I was arriving the day of the curise. My concern was if you were able to get back into the terminal where the representative greets you. We booked this trip for April next year. What cruise are you on?

According to a recent conversation with a Uniworld rep, if you fly in early and are not doing a pre-cruise through them, they will not provide a complimentary transfer. I did not inquire about paying for a transfer, so do not know if that is an option.

How would they know when your flight was? I assume the representatives are outside of the security area which is accessible from the street. I should think if you show up with your cruise documents on the appropriate day, you will get on the bus to Passau. However, it would be nice to hear from someone who has actually done this just to be sure.

How would they know when your flight was? I assume the representatives are outside of the security area which is accessible from the street. I should think if you show up with your cruise documents on the appropriate day, you will get on the bus to Passau. However, it would be nice to hear from someone who has actually done this just to be sure.

According to the Uniworld Terms and Conditions: "To qualify for transfers, it is required that flight information and pre-trip arrangements for all passengers making their own flight arrangements be given to Uniworld no later than 45 days prior to departure and conform to the following Transfer Guidelines:" Arrivals in Europe-between 0700 and 1500 hrs, Departures in Europe-between 0700 and 1700 hours.

I called Uniworld and was informed that currently you can NOT purchase a transfer from them if you arrange your own flights and do not otherwise qualify for a transfer as I described above. The Uniworld agent informed me that they will be renegotiating their contract with the transfer service provider at the end of this year and might change in the future.

I also gave the Uniworld agent my flight information which qualifies for the free transfer from the ship to the airport in Budapest. I quess I'll be researching the rail fares from Munich to Passau again.

We were also told by the Uniworld Rep that if we arrived early we could not utilize the free transfer from the Munich airport to Passau. This makes absolutely no sense to me as if I were told to meet at a designated place, at a designated time, I would make sure to be there or know that we would be left behind. Hopefully, we will not find many more strange Uniworld rules that make no sense on the trip. Finding our own way will probably be for the best though as I am sure there can be long waits on the Uniworld transfer bus due to delayed flights or other issues.

For our pre-stay in Munich we are at the Marriott Courtyard near the Hauptbanoff. We plan to take the Lufthansa airport bus into the city upon arrival at MUC then take the train from Munich to Passau on Sunday to catch the boat. We have some concerns about the logistics of the train with luggage and finding the boat in Passau, but I am sure it will all work out.

Any hints are appreciated regarding how much time to allow for finding and getting to the train platform at Munich HBF, where luggage is stored on the train, whether to purchase first class seats, etc.

We stayed at this hotel two years ago and it is great - 1.5 blocks from the main train station and walking distance to city center! We are staying there again this year. We are on this trip from Passau on October 17th and also struggling with the transfer thing because we are arriving a week early. I agree with the "makes no sense" comment. If we are at the airport at the designated time, what do they care? Baggage claim is not behind security and that is where I understand that the Uniworld rep meets people. They work from a passenger manifest and obviously, our names are on it! Somebody let us know how this works, please!

They work from a passenger manifest and obviously, our names are on it! Somebody let us know how this works, please!

Your name may be on the ship's passenger manifest but if you don't qualify for the free transfer, I doubt that your name is on the transfer list. Why don't you call Uniworld and see if you get a different answer than I received. We may not like the answer but it's their current policy and not subject to review before your cruise but possibly before mine next year.

They would know as you gave them your flight info. If everybody did what you did then maybe there would be no room on the bus as sometimes they only operate mini vans. You can also take the train from munich to passau which is about 2 and a bit hours. check the website d bahn it isalso in english.

Archived