Jewel 7/10/10

UNC FAN 80

I am considering the Jewel from NYC to Florida/Bahamas. I was wondering if anyone had any advice who has been on this itinerary such as if its worth it to do the cruise with a sort of lackluster itinerary. All ideas and opinions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Mike

Also I was trying to decide between the inside or oceanview rooms. I dont usually spend alot of time in the room and always feel like I wasted money I could have spent while on vacation on the room. I thought that since this itinerary does not have that many awesome views that a caribbean or alaska cruise would that the inside room would be ok. Again any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated.

Mike

We have done this itinerary four times; twice on the Spirit and once on the Gem and most recently the Jewel on 4/24/10.

We love the beach so for us this itinerary is a good choice. We live in PA so love the convenience of sailing out of NYC. We go to Ron Jon's shopping and then to the beach behind it when in Port Canaveral, love swimming at Great Stirrup Cay, and in Nassau usually get a day pass to one of the hotels.

The crew on the Jewel is fantastic as is the entertainment. What we did find on both the Gem and the Jewel is that the ship had a crowded feel, probably because the sailings are usually sold out and then some. If you keep an open mind regarding this, i.e. a crazy pool deck, the buffet can be a zoo, and getting on the tender for Great Stirrup Cay is quite taxing, you should have an enjoyable time.

As far as cabin choice, I am prone to sea sickness even in relatively quiet seas so never book an inside cabin. I just like the option of being able to look outside to check the weather in the morning but find a balcony is not worth the extra $$ for us as agree little time is spent in the cabin. Try pricing an obstructed view cabin where you have a window and the price is usually only a bit higher than an inside.

Archived