Increase in Bahamian Cruise Head Fee

98vette

Just received a letter from NCL regarding our upcoming cruise on Epic 10/09/10. It advised there will be a an increase from the current $15.00 per person head tax to $18.00. The extra $3.00 will be labeled customer facility fee. My understanding is that if the cruise line guarantees a certain amount of people, the cruise lines will get some of that money back. I don't remember seeing any credit back so are the cruise lines pocketing this return of the passenger's tax?

It happens all the time.

We were just on Caribbean Princess, and when we got on board we had a room credit. It was for a decrease in Port fees and taxes.

There are still some industries with integrity. They will return the taxes if they go down.

Thanks Ellfin! The $6 per couple increase won't keep me and my DH from having fun on the EPIC. Can't believe a tax actually went down but Kudos to Princess for doing the right thing. We may be trying either the Princess Ruby or Emerald next year.

Just received a letter from NCL regarding our upcoming cruise on Epic 10/09/10. It advised there will be a an increase from the current $15.00 per person head tax to $18.00. The extra $3.00 will be labeled customer facility fee. My understanding is that if the cruise line guarantees a certain amount of people, the cruise lines will get some of that money back. I don't remember seeing any credit back so are the cruise lines pocketing this return of the passenger's tax?

I'll be on that cruise with you!! Have you joined the roll call? I haven't received anything from NCL about the tax increase yet. But oh well, like you that won't keep me from having fun :).

Thanks for the explanation Ellfin. I didn't realize this is common. I was wondering why when I was on the Carnival Triumph they gave us $2.50pp in OBC. I bet this is why we got that. I just happily accepted it :D

I'm also on the 10/9 sailing and can't wait. Received the same letter. First Post!

Hi All,

Ok I have not received the letter but I have in the past gotten credit as a OBC taken off my bill on the last day...That was NCL too...

Also Please check in on our board so I can give the right amount of people for our Meet and Greet....It's going to be a lot of fun

Pete

Hi All,

Ok I have not received the letter but I have in the past gotten credit as a OBC taken off my bill on the last day...That was NCL too...

Also Please check in on our board so I can give the right amount of people for our Meet and Greet....It's going to be a lot of fun

Pete

Interesting, I'm on the same cruise and haven't received anything from NCL. I wonder if it is because I've already made my final payment? I've checked My NCL and it shows as nothing owing.

Interesting, I'm on the same cruise and haven't received anything from NCL. I wonder if it is because I've already made my final payment? I've checked My NCL and it shows as nothing owing.

brfan...I never got a letter stating that I was going to owe more money but in the past cruises I have had a discount for a port....that was a OBC

Pete

Flyawayca I'm not on a rollcall yet. Not sure how to do that since I don't post very often. Any hints? ;)

Don't know if you've been answered yet. Sign in to cruise critic, then go to cruise critic message boards, roll calls, norwegian, and pick your date.

Hopefully this is a link that will take you directly to the 10/9 Epic cruise but you'll have to be signed in

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=978492

Don't know if you've been answered yet. Sign in to cruise critic, then go to cruise critic message boards, roll calls, norwegian, and pick your date.

Hopefully this is a link that will take you directly to the 10/9 Epic cruise but you'll have to be signed in

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=978492

Thanks for posting the link! I couldn't find this thread again this morning when I went looking. I was at work though and shouldn't have been on here anyway :o.

See you on the roll call 98vette!

Archived