Two questions for those on board - pools & 14th deck layout

sdmike

After all the posts and reading I still have two questions that hopefully you guys can answer.

Are the pools fresh water or salt water? My guess is fresh because 1) the slides are fresh, which means they can desalinate, and 2) with the sprayers and fountains, fresh would be a lot less corrosive and better for guests (no salt spray in the eyes)

Second, I need help understanding the layout of the 14th deck. I look at this layout and can't get a grasp on how to get from point A to point B. First, it looks like there's a wall in the forward elevator lobby that doesn't exist on other floors. This perceived wall would keep you from crossing to the other side of the ship through the elevator lobby/stairwell area. I suspect this is a map mistake. Also, where does one enter the kids club or the gym? How does a person get from, let's say 14022, to the rear half of the ship? It appears to be an obstacle course of hallways.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/dragit1.php?ship=Norwegian%20Epic

From 14022 to go to Kids club go straight toward the back on your side. The door should be there on the right hand of the 4XXXx. For the gym head to the elevator area cross over front then go to the back until you reach the gym enter the gym and there will be doors to go towards the spa.

From 14022 to go to Kids club go straight toward the back on your side. The door should be there. For the gym head to the elevator area cross over front then go to the back until you reach the gym.

So that line in the elevator lobby that looks like a wall is a map typo? Was hoping that was the case. :) It looks like the gym reception area is on the port side, so I would imagine that area in front labeled as the gym isn't totally walled off. Otherwise there would be no access.

Any idea on the pools? :)

Archived