3 Carnival ships in port, specific excursion only offered on 2 ships??

Tapi

We're sailing on the Triumph in August. We're very interested in a specific shore excursion in Nassau . The excursion hasn't posted on the Carnival website, so we called our PVP to see if she could shed some light on whether it will be offered or not closer to departure.

After she called their Shore Excursion desk, she informed us that the excursion will be offered on the Sensation and Fascination (which will be in port that same day), but not on our ship! :eek:

We tried to book the excursion by contacting the vendor directly, but they've said that we HAVE to book through Carnival.

So how do we book through Carnival if they're not offering the excursion for our ship? Has anybody had the same situation before? Are we stuck? Do we need to start looking at alternate options?

Thanks!

Here's the update:

The excursions in question were the Sea & See Tour and the Seaworld Explorer tour in Nassau, both provided by the same vendor. I emailed Carnival first asking if the excursions would be offered. They said that unfortunately, they would not be offered on the Triumph for that date (only on the Sensation and Fascination) and that I would need to select a different excursion.

My next step was to email the tour vendor in Nassau to see if I could book directly. Initially, I received a canned email saying that I needed to book through Carnival. However, the following day I received another email saying that they had space available, but that they weren't even aware that the Triumph was scheduled to be in Nassau that day. So they would be contacting Carnival to make sure that the excursions are offered to Triumph passengers.

Long story short, seems like there was a misscomunication between the tour vendor and Carnival, and (I'd like to think) that my emails help sort things out to make the tours available for our sailing.

I forwarded the email exchange to my PVP. She contacted the Shore Excursion dept who confirmed that they were talking to the tour vendor and that the excursions should post on their website within the next 7 days.

Archived