Price Changes

I paid my balance a couple of weeks ago (going on the Dream 10 August) and I decided to have a look atThomson's website to see if the price had changed since I booked. It appears I could now get the same cruise, same flights for around £500 less! And that would be 4 people in two cabines as opposed to the one cabin we are currently in.

I feel conned and am tempted to give Thomson's a call to moan. What are my chances of getting a reduction?

I paid my balance a couple of weeks ago (going on the Dream 10 August) and I decided to have a look atThomson's website to see if the price had changed since I booked. It appears I could now get the same cruise, same flights for around £500 less! And that would be 4 people in two cabines as opposed to the one cabin we are currently in.

I feel conned and am tempted to give Thomson's a call to moan. What are my chances of getting a reduction?

ZERO :(

I am in a similar situation regarding my Dream cruise in July when I checked last week the cost was about £600 less for 2 weeks

You have not been conned, i think its called supply and demand:rolleyes:

With some of the other operators prior to your balance being paid you can get a price reduction put into effect for you.

Happened twice with me once last year got a £150 cabin reduction on a cruise out of LAX and hasa just happened with me on a 10 night cruise out of Malaga where I have received a price drop of £140.

I have not known it happen with Thomson, as people are generally aware that specifically with Thomson/Island as it gets closer to the cruise so the price drops. If you actually tracked it, you would be astonished to see the extent to which they drop. The down side being that there is a reduction in your choice of cabin as it gets closer to cruise time.

Here is link to thomsons t&c's

http://www.thomson.co.uk/thomson/page/tandc/tandc.page?depDate=2009-05-01&accommInvSys=TPP&flightInvSys=TPP&lang=en

You will see in section 2 that if the price is reduced by more than 2% they will refund the difference less a £1 admin fee.

I have used this clause on 2 occassions with some success. I haven't always got the full difference but a decent enough refund. The operator may well try and fob you off and say no such refund exists. But be persistent and insist they check their own t&c's. It's worth a try.

http://www.thomson.co.uk/thomson/page/tandc/tandc.page?depDate=2009-05-01&accommInvSys=TPP&flightInvSys=TPP&lang=en

You will see in section 2 that if the price is reduced by more than 2% they will refund the difference less a £1 admin fee.

I have used this clause on 2 occassions with some success. I haven't always got the full difference but a decent enough refund. The operator may well try and fob you off and say no such refund exists. But be persistent and insist they check their own t&c's. It's worth a try.

I don't think trying this would work. First you would have to get Thomsons to admit that THEIR costs have reduced by more than 2% and how would you do that?

I guess that is the risk you take by booking early - we booked 16 months in advance for 4 of us to get our choice of a 4 berth cabin, child discounts and free all-inclusive upgrade - at least we have had 16 months to look forward to it and know that we were going. :)

It is a swings and roundabouts thing. In July 2009 I booked our 2 week Dream cruise starting on 21st September this year. After reding your post I checked online to see what the price would be now. Booking now would be £700 more than the price I will be paying.

Thanks. I've just emailed Thomson's ('contactus@thomson-cruises.com') with the details and mentioned that paragraph. It will probably come to nothing but there's noting to lose by giving it a go!

It's called fluid pricing where it changes throughout the year , when demand is high the price increases and as enquiries lessen towards the date of sailing the price again drops to try and ensure each sailing is sold out/full

I don't think trying this would work. First you would have to get Thomsons to admit that THEIR costs have reduced by more than 2% and how would you do that?

It did actually work for me as I stated, twice. You don't get them to admit anything. Just price up the holiday again and see if has reduced or increased as easy as that. As I stated they will try their best to fob you off just be persistent.

Spoke to Thomson's earlier today and they pointed out then when I booked I received £200 onboard credit to my account. Also I wasn't making an exact comparison (silly me!) and that there wasn't that much of a saving when a full like for like comparison was made. Never mind, it was worth a try!

Archived