Carnival Freedom 6/19/2010 Review with Pictures!

Britbrie

Thank you so much to every one for reading still!!! I appreciate it!

Day 8 Continued

After lunch, we walked outside to the buses and were driven back to the terminal. We passed a lot of great scenery, but I didn't have my camera out... I got it out just as we were passing the Bacardi distillery.

DSCN0686.jpg

Then, my least favorite part came... walking down the LONG pier!

Here is a shot of the Freedom/a small section of the pier:

DSCN0688.jpg

DSCN0689.jpg

We got back on board and went to take showers before the sail away. I wish we would have had a longer time in Nassau!

Anyhow, the sail away consisted of more picture taking...

DSCN0696.jpg

Day 8

It was soon time for dinner, and like always I started out with the shrimp cocktail but only one tonight. haha.

For my entree: Prime Rib. (by the time I remembered to take a picture it was all gone, so I took a picture of my dad's.)

DSCN0717.jpg

Last but not least, I had the Cappuccino Pie for dessert:

DSCN0718.jpg

We said our goodbyes to Vincent and Elena, and went to the Victoriana Lounge for Bingo while my dad did the laundry and finished packing. I decided not to play, as I was saving my luck for the Win a Cruise Raffle.

I wasn't holding my breath on winning, since we had won this cruise on the Legend last year... so after the drawing, we stuck around for the Carnival Legends Show. The show was okay... but after you have seen it a couple of times it's repetitive.

After the show, we went to the Internet cafe to use the rest of our minutes before heading off to bed. We arrived back at the room to see two towel animals:

DSCN0713.jpg

DSCN0719.jpg

Coming up next: Debarkation

Debarkation

We woke up around 6:45 am, and got ready. We were pretty sad to leave the ship so we took our time.

Our debarkation group was number 1... but we waited until they called 2 and 3 to get off the ship. Customs was a breeze, the guy looked at our passports and asked if we had anything to declare. We were then moved along to get on the bus for the airport.

We tipped the porter, and rode on the short 5-10 minute drive that we had paid $45 for. :rolleyes:

Once we arrived at the airport we checked our luggage at the Southwest desk, and headed through security.

There was a Mediterranean restaurant in the terminal, so we stopped for breakfast. I didn't really care for my breakfast wrap, so we went to Dunkin Donuts for a smoothie.

The remainder of the day was spent reading books and sitting around until our 5 pm flight back to New Orleans. After the flight landed we gathered our luggage and drove 45 minutes to get back home.

It was a great trip, and we are looking forward to next month's cruise on the Triumph!!

If anyone has any questions, comments, complaints, whatever... just let me know! I appreciate you reading!!! :D

Thanks for the review Brittney....we still have a long time to wait for our Freedom cruise but it was great getting such detailed info!

Do you remember what time you got to the airport? I know you had a later flight and I'm trying to figure out what a "safe" departure time would be when we book our flights.

Thanks!

Thanks for the review Brittney....we still have a long time to wait for our Freedom cruise but it was great getting such detailed info!

Do you remember what time you got to the airport? I know you had a later flight and I'm trying to figure out what a "safe" departure time would be when we book our flights.

Thanks!

We arrived at the airport around 9:30. Carnival told us anything after 10:30, but we were in Group 1 for disembarkation. We had JUST missed a 9:00 flight, so next time we are doing self-assist!

Thanks Brittney, your review was the best! Hope you do another cruise soon so we can follow you on it! You did a great job!

Thanks so much! I am going on another cruise in 18 days on the TRIUMPH! I will definitely do a review if people want me too! Thanks again!!!!

thanks for sharing, it has given me a good insite into what I have to look forward to. Thank yoU!

and how awesome to win Bingo and a cruise at that!

I hope you enjoy your cruise when the time comes!!!! :D Thanks for reading!

I loved your review:D I can't wait until its my turn:D This will be my 4Th cruise and I'm just so ready. I do have a couple of questions, when you do anytime dinner do you still be apart of the captains dinner, I like the pictures we take:confused: did they have the past guest party:confused: I love the shrimp I eat 2 each night too. O did they have the midnight buffet where they have all the food craved out into different things. I liked that. OK I know that's enough questions.

My family and I will be on the same cruise. Can't wait! Have you joined the roll call!

Yes I'm on there it will be my husband and I, my sister and her husband and two other couples and we can't wait :D

I loved your review:D I can't wait until its my turn:D This will be my 4Th cruise and I'm just so ready. I do have a couple of questions, when you do anytime dinner do you still be apart of the captains dinner, I like the pictures we take:confused: did they have the past guest party:confused: I love the shrimp I eat 2 each night too. O did they have the midnight buffet where they have all the food craved out into different things. I liked that. OK I know that's enough questions.

Awesome! You will LOVE it!

I have no idea about the anytime dining, as I have not done it yet! Sorry!!! I'm sure someone on here can answer that! I would say yes, but I may be wrong.

They had a past guest party that I attended but did not include it in the report because I forgot what night it was, and didn't take any pictures. lol. :rolleyes:

Yeah, they had the "MEXICAN buffet" aka the midnight buffet. I also did not attend that because I had just eaten dinner! lol.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!!!!

I appreciate the comments, and everyone sticking with me to read about my report!

I will be writing another trip report when I get back from my July 19 cruise on the Triumph!!!!! So, watch out for my thread!

Once again, thanks!!!!!

Thanks for the review. We got off the Freedom the day you got on. But, I can't see any photos...it says you have exceeded your limit on photobucket...

I can't see the pictures either... mine says I need to update... :confused:

Per Photobucket:

"Bandwidth is not a measure of how many images are in your album. Rather, it is a measure of how many times the images in your album are being viewed from locations on the Internet where you have posted links to your media."

So, the collective album(s) that Britbrie has on Photobucket are being viewed too many times, I believe. Bummer, because my wife and I are making plans to do the same cruise on the Freedom in October for our 25th wedding anniversary, and I'd love to see the pics too.

Hey everyone! Sorry about the Photo issue!

I upgraded to the Pro account so that you guys could see! I hope you enjoy!

I'm leaving on Monday for a 5 day cruise on the Triumph, so look out for that review when I get back! :D

:DGreat review and pictures. Got to relive those 8 days again. By the way, we were almost neighbors. We were in 7275, the other two couples in our party were on the other side 7274 & 7282.

Omg, Awesome! Did you guys hear the singing from the atrium all night long too? I hope not! It was horrible!

Archived