Blue Folders

maxx

Just a silly question regarding tickets from P&O. Do they still send a blue folder with tickets?

Having just received my tickets for a short cruise...tickets, luggage tags, etc, I was surprised that this was not sent in a blue folder. Maybe cost cutting, maybe not necessary for a short cruise.

I think that it is a pitty that they stoped sending the BLUE FOLDERS out, as it was a very big deal to us passengers to recievedthem.

Such a shame, they were great. It's funny how such a trivial thing like a ticket wallet can actually affect your perception of a brand. Not that it bothers me, it just adds to the overall for such a little thing.

I guess at least they actually send you real tickets, unlike other lines like Princess where you have to print your own tickets.

I think its just a sign of the times.

We received our tickets a couple of weeks ago, and from what I can tell, it looks as though P&O are gearing up for not delivering anything by post at all in the near future.

Everything is on plain A4 paper and, in this day and age, there is no reason why they can't just email all the forms out and you print the sections you need (or, like most airlines, you won't even need to print anything). We already fill in our passport info, book shore tours, emergency contacts etc on-line - so the only thing I reckon I really need is the luggage tags!

Every other travel company has gone this way - just got my flights for a trip to London via email - no need to even print anything - just rock up at the airport with my passport!

I like these options cause it means I have my tickets/reference with me wherever I go - I have an Iphone (which will son be replaced bya blackberry for work), so if you get to the check in counter and there is an issue, out comes the phone and along with it all my emails and every reply from enquiry through to booking, payment details and e-tickets. Its hard for hte check in staff to argue when you can show them the emails/receipts/booking info...

AND, the big bonus - if this means airlines and cruise companies can keep prices down, I'm more than happy! Imagine how many stamps and envelopes P&O use every year, not to mention staff, printers etc to do all the work. Get rid of all that to keep cruise prices competitive agains tall the cheap flight/accommodation deals I say!

Just my thoughts

AtM

Archived