Zip-lining in St. John NB

Does anyone have any information about the zip-lining that was suppose to be starting in June at the Reversing Falls? I'm looking for a website aboutit that would show the location, prices and when it actually opens.

Here is the website for the copmany offering Zip Lining in Saint John, NB

http://www.saintjohnadventures.ca/

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from our cruise on the Carnival Glory. The highlight of our trip to Saint John was the zipline. I have a 16 and 20 year old, and they both loved it. I am scared of heights, but it didn't bother me a bit. (Well, maybe on the first one :) Amanda and T.J. were our guides and they are great. We took a taxi from the pier (about 10 minutes) and had no trouble getting one back. It was raining and a little cool the day we were there - didn't make a bit of difference. I recommend it to anyone who wants to do something different.

• 2 weeks later...
How much is the zip line?

from their website:

Rates

Saint John Adventures Inc. is pleased to offer our pricing for the 2010 season.

Adult - $60.00

Child (17 and under) - $50.00

Family Discount (minimum two adults, two children) - 10% discount

Military - 10% discount

Groups of 8 or more - 15% discount

(HST is extra to the above pricing. ID required for discounts.)

Please book ahead.

We will also be offering specials throughout the season, keep checking our website.

Not a problem, we have lots of good viewing points from the ground. The best are by far from the towers however. See you in a few weeks. Cheers, Terry.

Terry - sounds like you work for the zip line company. We will be on the Carnival Glory (along with a few 1000 other passengers) in less than 2 weeks. Do we need to reserve the zip line ahead of time, or can we just show up? What is the best time of day to go (as far as the smallest line is concerned)? How high is the tower, and how do we get up there? Thanks.

I WONDER WHY THE CRUISE LINE DOES NOT OFFER THIS EXCURSION? I WILL FEEL MORE SECURE BOOKING THE ZIP LINE WITH CARNIVAL. :confused:

I think you'll be secure booking with the company directly - the attraction is about 5 minutes from ship by taxi and you are dealing with reputable locals. Perhaps it is not offered by cruise lines because the attraction started operations in early July??? I don't know for sure though ... but would say you have nothing to worry about - I hear all positive things about this attraction.

The ad also says it meets the standards for canopy trips (at the bottom of the page).

My DD has wanted to zip line for years but I won't do it, and she's never wanted to go alone. And it was always in jungles where it was really hot. This time it won't be hot, is less expensive, plus I can just take the taxi with her and wait, watching the falls while she "sails" over them.

Also, if you happened to have bought tickets for the Big Pink Bus Tour, you would not need a cab since the bus stops there. Since it's hop on/hop off you could do it and catch the next bus into town for the next part of the other 2 tours.

The ad also says it meets the standards for canopy trips (at the bottom of the page).

My DD has wanted to zip line for years but I won't do it, and she's never wanted to go alone. And it was always in jungles where it was really hot. This time it won't be hot, is less expensive, plus I can just take the taxi with her and wait, watching the falls while she "sails" over them.

Also, if you happened to have bought tickets for the Big Pink Bus Tour, you would not need a cab since the bus stops there. Since it's hop on/hop off you could do it and catch the next bus into town for the next part of the other 2 tours.

Unfortunately the big pink bus does not stop there. It stops at the main Reversing Falls lookout area on the west side of the river. The zip line and jet boat rides are located at Fallsview Park on the east side of the river on the way to reversing falls. Options would be a taxi or public transportation.

Unfortunately the big pink bus does not stop there. It stops at the main Reversing Falls lookout area on the west side of the river. The zip line and jet boat rides are located at Fallsview Park on the east side of the river on the way to reversing falls. Options would be a taxi or public transportation.

Thanks for the info. I wish you could draw me a picture so I'd understand better.

Does this mean that Fallsview Park is across a bridge that is too far to walk (or is that where the construction has been going on. My head is swimming from overstimulation on shore excursion information).

So the Park is farther away from town, right?

But you can see the falls, no, from where DD will board the zipline?

If this is the case then the $7 cab fare does not apply anymore to go to the Park? It would be higher.

We just want to be able to see the falls and for DD to ride the zipline, and know how long to figure it will take to get there for whatever time she makes a reservation! Thanks

Fallsview Park and the main reversing falls lookout area are of equal distance from cruiseship by "the way the crow flies". Fallsview Park and the main reversing falls area are roughly seperated by the Reversing Falls Bridge (not to be confused with the Harbour Bridge under repair). Fallsview Park is on the same side of the river as the cruiseship and the main reversing falls lookout area is on the other side of the short bridge.

You can walk from Fallsview Park to Reversing Falls lookout area in about 10 minutes. I'll be completely honest - there is no crosswalk before or after the reversing falls bridge and it is heavily travelled. You need to walk an additional five minutes to Simms Corner (possibly the most confusing intersection in the world) and cross there - so I recommend hopping a taxi if you want to go to the main lookout area from Fallsview Park - even though its a very short jaunt.

From Fallsview Park you will see rapids - "falls" is a misnomer.

Taxi probably a dollar more as it crosses a zone - it might be as high as $10 to falls - just don't know for sure.

Thanks once more (probably will be even more thanks as questions come up), Acey.

The Bay of Fundy is known for its very high tides. Unfortunately, the moon controls the tides, not the tourist industry, so we take whatever view we get at whatever time we arrive. Will there be any evidence of these tide changes at the rapids at the Reversing Falls Bridge area where DD will get on the zip line ride?

We just returned from the Carnival Glory this past week. Our girls(16, 18) went on the zip line and loved it. They have never ziplined and they did great. Everyone was wonderful and they would gladly do it again! They had a great time!!!Kudos to Saint John Adventures!

Just got off the Carnival Glory today. My group of 4 (me, DH, 2 friends) all in early 40's did the zipline in Saint John. Owner was there and his crew was great! Lots of fun and a great way to "zip" for the first time. Had a great view of the falls too. Whole tour of zipping the 5 towers took about 1 hour 20 minutes or so. We reserved ahead of time directly with Saint John Adventures for a 9am tour so we'd have the rest of the day. Caught a cab at the cruise terminal to save the walk. Cab took about 5-7 minutes and was around $10. The staff at the zipline called a cab for us when we were done to ride back to town.

Highly recommend!! Felt very safe with knowledgeable staff! Great time! :)

Archived