Navigator - flying out of FLL - Will I make my 1:15 flight

dig21

We will be on Navigator of the Seas in May and will be flying out of FLL. I just called to purchase the one way xfer back to the FLL Airport and was told that I will not make my 1:15 flight. She said the 1:30 is the earliest flight I could make. I said "you are telling me that I would miss a 1:15 flight but would make a flight 15 minutes later at 1:30" The reservation agent said "Yes"

Will we really not be able to make a 1:15 flight? Does that just mean if we take their xfers? What is the quickest way to get back to the FLL airport from the port in Miami?

JMHO, but were you to do your own transfers, you should comfortably make a 1:15 FLL departure. We always do our own now, anyway. If you are off the boat and through customs, in the vehicle by 10:30 AM, you should be at FLL by 11:30 AM at the latest, plenty of time for a 1:15 PM flight. We've done the port to FLL ourselves, and I would be comfortable getting a departure as early as 12:30, but that's just me.

To be safer, make sure you are in one of the early disembarkation groups, just go to the purser's office to get the earlier colored tags.

We did this exact thing in May 2003 when we sailed on Navigator..disembarked in Miami and our flight was out of FLL @ 1245.

We made sure we had one of the earliest tags for disembarkation and were off the ship by 7:45 am. There were a long line of taxis waiting..we grab one and was at the airline counter by 8:45 am in fact we tried to get on an ealier flight but we had four travelling and there were only 3 seats left.

I would do transfers on my own and not with RCI.

If it were me I would book that time.

Emmy

Thanks, that makes me feel better. What company do you use to get from Miami to Fll?

How much is a taxi? We are 2 adults & 2 children. Would we be able to fit in one taxi?

The taxi we took did fit 4 adults and our luggage and it was about $57.00 plus we tipped him. The ride was about 35 minutes.

We you disembark they have a very orderly line of taxi's and you go to the first available taxi.

Worked out great.

Emmy

Dig21, we made noon flights out of FLL, twice. Both times we had a limo waiting, there were six of us. It ran around 90.00 plus tip. Like everyone else said just get early tags, use a porter for your bags (you'll get by customs quicker) and you'll get to FLL in plenty of time.

Have a great cruise.

We had a 11:30 flight from FLL getting off the NOS this past January. The airline changed our flt the last minute. We were nervous, but ALL WAS FINE! Go to guest services early in your trip and request "white" - 1st disembark tags off and take a private service from the pier to the airport. We used "A Family Limo Inc" - 877-599-LIMO who was recommended by my Mother who lives in Boca. We were off the ship by 7:30! I had sceduled the pickup at 8:30, but when we got off early I called them to see if they could get up earlier and they were there in 15 minutes - Perfect service! Oh by the way, you will have to fib and tell guest services your flight is at 11:00 am to get the white luggage tags... GOOD LUCH - you will be fine!

I made a 12:00 flight after my Navigator cruise in Oct. I even took the ships transfers. If you take your itinerary to guest relations they will give your white tickets because your flights are before noon. We were waiting near where they let you off and about 7:20 they said that anyone could get off if they wanted. We were on the bus for Ft. Luaderdale by 7:45. You will have to wait for the bus to fill up and that can take awhile.

Carrie:D

Yes yes yes! RCI told us the same exact thing, nothing earlier than 1:30. We had a 12:30 flight. And I thought for sure we would have enough time. I thought even if we got off the ship at 9am that would still give us two hours to get to the airport. Well we got in line to get off the ship at about 8:15 and found our driver outside at about 9:15. No traffic on a Monday morning and we got to FLL in about 30 minutes. Waited in security for about 45. So we still had about 2 hours to wait for our flight.

Just to add to what everyone else has posted. You will have plenty of time. We sailed Navigator 3/04 and got to the airport in plenty of time. Just say you have flights before Noon and you will get early tags. Don't sweat it.

Archived