trailer trash vacations

Sis lived in Hamilton years. Sibs all attended U of M part of the time.. some grandparents did too. Mom and Dad had bad hail damage a few days ago... I missed it. Today just lovely..so enjoying the outside mild warmth sun on the patio agst a park area..I'm in heaven.. weather for you??? So nice to say howdy..one brother in law really into another similar org..the Elks did so much for us in Red Lodge..when I went to high school..deep part of the service and sharing stayed with me...they shared their space for so many events..helped kids raise money for trips..helped get me to DC..they are great. So is this Trailer Trash group a no rules on the Seas group??? Or just a CC Jaw group?? Have not read whole thread..smiles.

From what I can tell, all of us in OTTVC, are actually respectable people who follow the rules, we are just embracing our image as people who take "trailer trash" vacations. The funny thing is, the OP's friend was not talking about CCL but ANY cruise:eek:

We got the storm that hit your mom and dad, but no hail down here. Quite a show though! Today started out wet and chilly (actually turned on the electric blanket lastnight) but ended up being sunny and in the 70's.

Well for me, a cruise is a splurge and people around here think we must have money to spare because we go on one every year. I don't know any one personally that thinks a cruise is a trashy vacation. I know plenty that are envious that we go on them.

From another board discussing a recent cruise on the Conquest:

"The other complaint is my main complaint, and I distinctly believe it's not Carnival's fault. The clientele on the cruse was BLUE COLLAR as HELL. My goodness... I was expecting much more of a prim, proper crowd---and I know this is harsh, but we got a bunch of total redneck / white trash / NASCAR / Fried Chicken and Bud Light kinda folks. Again, I don't think that's Carnival's fault--I think it's due to the fact that the Galveston port of call attracts more of these types than other ports."

I told my husband we had booked the correct ship and should feel quite at home. Our previous cruises have been the Celebration, the Holiday, and the Ecstasy and he was concerned that the Conquest was going to be more "high class" that what we were used to sailing.

So count us in on the Official Trailer Trash Vacation Club. And when I want, I can make some awesome Fried Chicken!

"The other complaint is my main complaint, and I distinctly believe it's not Carnival's fault. The clientele on the cruse was BLUE COLLAR as HELL. My goodness... I was expecting much more of a prim, proper crowd---and I know this is harsh, but we got a bunch of total redneck / white trash / NASCAR / Fried Chicken and Bud Light kinda folks."

ummm..... who would ever think that Carnival's "clientele" would be prim and proper? Either that reviewer was a troll or has never ever seen any Carnival ad in tv, in magazine or elsewhere. Just think of the name of the line - Carnival - does that sound prim and proper??!! :rolleyes:

---and I know this is harsh, but we got a bunch of total redneck / white trash / NASCAR / Fried Chicken and Bud Light kinda folks.

ah hell, now i'm hungry. reckon i'll head out back an wring that ol roosters neck an cook up some fried chicken for the ol man.

From what I can tell, all of us in OTTVC, are actually respectable people who follow the rules, we are just embracing our image as people who take "trailer trash" vacations. The funny thing is, the OP's friend was not talking about CCL but ANY cruise:eek:

We got the storm that hit your mom and dad, but no hail down here. Quite a show though! Today started out wet and chilly (actually turned on the electric blanket lastnight) but ended up being sunny and in the 70's.

Thank you. Yes cools down at night even more this summer I think.

Thanks for the thread review. As a whole, it's nice to enjoy my nice trailer rental as much as a cruise or a 5 star hotel..only a few of those in my history..Happy 4th.

The clientele on the cruse was BLUE COLLAR as HELL. My goodness... I was expecting much more of a prim, proper crowd---and I know this is harsh, but we got a bunch of total redneck / white trash / NASCAR / Fried Chicken and Bud Light kinda folks. Again, I don't think that's Carnival's fault--I think it's due to the fact that the Galveston port of call attracts more of these types than other ports."

Were they trying to insult us or compliment us?? :eek: Whichever, they sure got it right!!:D

Redneck Trailer Trash Cruising Texan ....... and proud of it!!!!:p

Hope everyone had a great Fourth of July. One question though, can I still be in the TTVC if I was able to celebrate without blowing some fingers off of a hand. Someone that is true trailer trash wouldn't be able to accomplish this amazing feat. :D

I have a 'friend' who speaks horribly about Carnival. I finally asked him one day when was the last time he cruised on Carnival (knowing full well he had only cruised once, on Princess). When he answered, telling me he had never cruised on Carnival, I said "When you do, come back and then we will talk." He shut up... lol.

Yes it's funny how fast and loud people will express an un-informed opinion. But those are easy ones to ignore....happy cruising :)

" The clientele on the cruse was BLUE COLLAR as HELL. My goodness... I was expecting much more of a prim, proper crowd---and I know this is harsh, but we got a bunch of total redneck / white trash / NASCAR / Fried Chicken and Bud Light kinda folks. "

LOL- nothing like a little stereotyping.

Some of those (us) people are white collar, too! ;)

Can someone explain (I didn't read back thru all the pages) what exactly your logo is - kind of looks like something Dr. Ruth would hold up to explain things:confused:

LMAO! :D

I took a pic of my DD's dirty anklet sock on a half painted piece of wood trim and the photoshopped the red & blue on the sock like the whale tails. I kind of "posed" the sock to have the winged part stick out. I agree, the small one is kinda ambiguous! (now that I look at it on my phone screen, it does look like something Dr. Ruth could be referring to!) :eek:

LMAO! :D

I took a pic of my DD's dirty anklet sock on a half painted piece of wood trim and the photoshopped the red & blue on the sock like the whale tails. I kind of "posed" the sock to have the winged part stick out. I agree' date=' the small one is kinda ambiguous! (now that I look at it on my phone screen, it does look like something Dr. Ruth could be referring to!) :eek:[/quote']

Allie, I found our First Port of Call, attachment.php?attachmentid=161375&stc=1&d=1278386908

We can make it an Excursion !!!!!!!!!!!

476010650_TrailerTrashFavport.jpg.bb05e35a6b3d7552af97a83591af570c.jpg

What's wrong wif trailer trash ?? but...Carnival ain't no trailer trash. they makes ya war one of em tie thangs when da's cooks those big ole crawfish looking thangs. Up air in new anglan they call um "lobsters"....biggest dad gum ole crawfish i did see.

on dem ships, i go'ed in air at diiner and this fancy feller says i got ware a shirt. I had to buy a dad nabed shirt just ta take a cruise. Dang that "no shirt, no shoes, no service" policy !

As for a trailer, i'm too poor to live in a trailer. I' livs in Ma & Pa's apartment. We could put a trailer in down in the Pearl River swamp, but I'm afraid that the gators would eat me.

Breakfast

1. Heat the iron.

2. Cut bacon strips in half, then place between foil sheets with the edges crimped together to seal in grease. Iron the bacon, opening one side of the foil packet every few minutes to check for doneness and allow steam to escape. Slightly crisp bacon takes about 10 minutes.

3. Prop up the iron so that the flat part faces straight up, create a foil “boat,” and place on top of the iron. Grease with bacon fat, and crack one to two eggs into it. When cooked enough to hold together—7 to 10 minutes on a small iron—flip eggs over and cook to desired doneness. Serve with bacon and coffee (made the normal way in the coffee maker).

Dinner

1. Set the iron to the highest setting with the steam turned off.

2. Fill a coffee filter with six broccoli florets. Load into the coffee maker. Run six cups of water through for tender but still crisp veggies.

3. Put 1/2 cup of instant rice per person in the coffee maker. Run the appropriate amount of water (check the box for instructions) through the coffee maker, then leave the machine turned on for 5 to 10 minutes until the rice is fully cooked.

4. Season four large scallops per person on both sides with salt and pepper, and place between two sheets of foil. Place the hot iron on top of the foil and press down to sear lightly for 1 to 2 minutes per side.

5. Dice one small shallot into the coffee maker. Load two to four sprigs of fresh thyme into the filter basket without a filter, then run 1 cup of cream and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice through the coffee maker together. Season with salt and pepper, and allow the sauce to reduce over the hot plate for 15 to 20 minutes. Just before serving, add 1 tablespoon diced butter and swirl to melt. (Note: Coffee maker will require heavy cleaning afterward.)

6. Use a clean disposable razor to shave black truffle over the plated rice, scallops, and broccoli, then pour sauce over each plate. Garnish with thyme.

7. For dessert, heat 1/2 cup cream in the coffee maker. Add a 12-ounce bag of good bittersweet chocolate chips and stir constantly until melted and smooth. Serve with whole strawberries, sliced banana, pound cake, dried apricots, and marshmallows for dipping.

Breakfast

1. Heat the iron.

2. Cut bacon strips in half, then place between foil sheets with the edges crimped together to seal in grease. Iron the bacon, opening one side of the foil packet every few minutes to check for doneness and allow steam to escape. Slightly crisp bacon takes about 10 minutes.

3. Prop up the iron so that the flat part faces straight up, create a foil “boat,” and place on top of the iron. Grease with bacon fat, and crack one to two eggs into it. When cooked enough to hold together—7 to 10 minutes on a small iron—flip eggs over and cook to desired doneness. Serve with bacon and coffee (made the normal way in the coffee maker).

Huh ...I'll have to give that a try.

Trailer trash of vacations? :eek: What. Drinking out of a coconut shell is a bad thing? ;) I would rather think of it as an RV vacation. With a driver and a cook. :rolleyes: At least we haven’t had to pay the fuel surcharge for a couple of years. We have three rides coming up. :cool:

Archived