trailer trash vacations

Hey Trashy Allie, its Trashy Bruce, how are you today?

Actually feeling really trashy today. I was sitting at the stoplight on my way to Wendy's dollar menu picking the black plastic coating off my el cheapo sunglasses. Ya know, they couldn't have made them with molded black plastic, they had to coat clear plastic with more black plastic!

So, I'm guessing I really need that new "Wal-Mart Cheapskate Shoppin' Spree" excursion. Wow! I'm excited about that! No more blue light special for me! I'm steppin up in the world! :D

Ya know, we really need to organize these excursions too. "Dumpster Diving: The New Way to Souvenir" and "The Frugal Negotiator Yard Sale Experience. Who wouldn't want warped tupperware from Guatemala!? :cool:

Wade, you are either a boy scout or TRUE trailer trash! :D So when's the next hog roast? :p

I got you beat Allie....i was at my own BBQ yesterday with my new sunglasses that i bought at Walmart for 5 dollars....well guess what my darling sister-in-law said to me ? How do you like your new 5 dollar sunglasses....OMG i left that little plastic sticker on the front of the lens that said $5.....lol.....i use crappy ones around the house and buy good ones for the cruise!

I got you beat Allie....i was at my own BBQ yesterday with my new sunglasses that i bought at Walmart for 5 dollars....well guess what my darling sister-in-law said to me ? How do you like your new 5 dollar sunglasses....OMG i left that little plastic sticker on the front of the lens that said $5.....lol.....i use crappy ones around the house and buy good ones for the cruise!

LOL! :D

So you wear the "good" ones when you cruise... then yur thinkin' yur better than us?! :p

Faker! :eek: Oh no! Don't tell me you also shop at Macy's!?! :eek:

Heck no i am retired...can't afford Macy's. But only started going to this Walmart outside my town recently because all others i have been in have been horrible. The people in them actually are scary to look at....my wife just can't stand going to Walmart....i had to proof shop this one first without her....It had no walkers....no wheelchairs.....no people in thongs....no butts hanging out the pants.....no wet spots....just normal people....Can you believe it?

her dad is a neuro surgeon need i say more??? money is not much of an issue for her.

It has been my experience that most people who are uppity snobs who feel the entitlement to look down upon others are the ones who did absolutely nothing to earn the fortunes in their lives.

The spoiled little girl was handed everything, obviously has no manners, ignorant and certainly has no responsibility. what will she do if Daddy cuts her off! Perhaps she will have to get a job and learn about the real world.

Maybe she will need to sail Carnival "and join our trailer trash family".

I sailed RCL, NCL and Carnival. Actually Carnival was one of my best cruises and sailing her again this year. I believe Holland America is part of Carnival.

[quote name=

Ya know' date=' we really need to organize these excursions too. "Dumpster Diving: The New Way to Souvenir" and "The Frugal Negotiator Yard Sale Experience. Who wouldn't want warped tupperware from Guatemala!? :cool:

Wade, you are either a boy scout or TRUE trailer trash! :D So when's the next hog roast? :p[/quote]

I am looking forward to a trip to walmart prior to the next cruise...

I need dress shoes,dress sox, dress pants dress shirts. I haven't seen a Walmart in a year and a half.. Also would like a walgreens....

We have no Mt Dew or Dr Pepper here and only one kind of beer... The Rum is the bomb!!! but ya cant live on rum and cokes.

Air condition would be nice while you are sleeping.

So I am flying from my island in the Caribbean to the states to go to Walmart, then Jump on a Caribbean cruise....

come on folks, you must admit that the budget cruises ARE at the bottom of the price scale so they certainly do attract a "Wal-Mart"/ lower end type of clientele. Way too many wife beaters, jorts and "rude because they know no better" types on board. I know everyone isn't that way but many on these lines ARE. That is what makes me wonder why "normal" folks or middle to upper class folks don't look for a more high end cruise? Could someone explain this?

come on folks, you must admit that the budget cruises ARE at the bottom of the price scale so they certainly do attract a "Wal-Mart"/ lower end type of clientele. Way too many wife beaters, jorts and "rude because they know no better" types on board. I know everyone isn't that way but many on these lines ARE. That is what makes me wonder why "normal" folks or middle to upper class folks don't look for a more high end cruise? Could someone explain this?

Cause you might be on it! So i'll stick with Carnival!

Carnival has what I'm looking for in a vacation. Yes, it is the only recent cruiseline I've been on but I choose it because of the price. The ships are IN NO WAY trashy... gaudy maybe, but that is subjective also. I am a single parent, living paycheck to paycheck, praying that the child support comes in this month, I am a college graduate and work in a specialized field and YES... I DO live in a mobile home. I choose the less expensive cruise, so that I can make an investment that is comfortable with my current financial situation. Just because I can afford more, doesn't mean I will spend more.

Tell me something... do you eat at Taco Bell or Burger King at all? Or is every meal you eat away from home in one of those fancy restaurants with 14 different kinds of silverware in the place setting? Tell me, what is wrong with a bargain?

Carnival really does suffer still from a truly foolish stereotype.

Out of 7 "Fun Ship" vacations, I have found no basis for this "Wal-Mart" comparison.

As for party ships,....true in a good sense. Fun but usually in good taste. Some drinking, but few rowdy drunks.

Carnival really does suffer still from a truly foolish stereotype.

Out of 7 "Fun Ship" vacations, I have found no basis for this "Wal-Mart" comparison.

As for party ships,....true in a good sense. Fun but usually in good taste. Some drinking, but few rowdy drunks.

Very well said Thoth.....people like you is why we cruise on Carnival. Never had a bad experience with a cruiser on Carnival...and everyone i met was truely nice. I have seen a few people who thought they were too cool......but they were the only ones who thought that....very nice friendly fellow passengers on Carnival so far for me!

Do you have any idea of what you're talking about? Does everyone in a certain group shop in one store? Hardly.

Are there some azzholes on Carnival? Yes, have also seen them on ALL other lines too.

In the mass market lines, Carnival HAS the best food. Better than X and RCL and NCL and PCL. Service is about the same, and the price is usually lower. People across many "classes" appreciate a bargain.

How does "Budget" equal lower class? It never fails to amaze me how people equate the amount of $$ that they spend on something as to having class.

My mother has a wonderful saying that "New money talks about it .. Old money doesnt have too"

People are usually taught which forks and such to use.. though rarely the proper way to eat bread;)

I am a proud to be a Carnival passneger .. and call me all the names that you want... cause they don't reflect on me .. but rather on you:D

Maybe its the bluecollar workers thats booking the higher priced lines , because as my wife says the rich are rich cause they don't spend the money! So maybe the rich cruise Carnival to save their money. No matter what this guy done it has only 28 posts and most have been controversial or plain stupid so im thinking its a kicked off CC troll thats back under another name!

Maybe its the bluecollar workers thats booking the higher priced lines , because as my wife says the rich are rich cause they don't spend the money! So maybe the rich cruise Carnival to save their money.

This is exactly how they stay rich! :rolleyes:

this guy done it has only 28 posts and most have been controversial or plain stupid so im thinking its a kicked off CC troll thats back under another name!

I just looked at his history and he's the troll from a few pages back...

I'm an arguer sometimes... I do need to just ignore it. (My dad would tell me the sky was green just to get me going when I was younger... Old habits die hard.)

I'm with you Allie! I just need to add my two cents though. I've cruised Holland, Princess & Royal and all were great! Now, I can't wait for my first Carnival cruise. I've heard fantastic things about Carnival, the price is right, our PVP is awesome, and I know it's going to be wonderful. If I'm on a cruise ship, all's well! If someone wants to label me as "trailer trash", so be it. I love a bargain, work hard and save hard so we can cruise, enjoy meeting people and know how to have a good time where ever I am. Oh, yes, I shop at Wal Mart, Target, on line (E-Bay) and I'm proud to be a NEW CARNIVAL CRUISER!

Not looking for an argument here - just stating the facts :D

Have a great night everyone.

Lindsay

Archived