free parking in San Diego while on cruise

arms4

There are many hotels that offer park & cruise packages (not really "free"). Here is a list of some of them: http://www.sandiego.org/article/Visitors/780

The Best Western Seven Seas in Mission Valley is a good deal. They will shuttle you from the hotel to the ship for embarkation, and pick you up upon disembarkation as well.

What city are you driving from? There may be options involving Amtrak, but you trade off convenience. Also if there's 3+ in your party the Amtrak fare probably offsets a week's parking at the discount parking lots in SD.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Downtown in March.

This hotel, once you park your car

This was there snooze and cruise package.

The Hotel room was $160.00 This included overnight Hotel, Shuttle to and from the pier and Hot Breakfast. They also had a happy hour and Cookies at 8:00. We were cruising for 15 nights so we paid an additional $5.00 per night for parking.

If you are parking an SUV I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

We called when we got off the ship and they were there in about 10 minutesto pick up.

Gail

We used the Best Western Seven Sea's for our last cruise to Hawaii (15 days). I think the rate was around $100 for the night and that included parking at no extra cost. Hotel has a restaurant that is ok, not great, but you won't starve. You'll be getting all you can eat when you get onboard the ship. And they have the free shuttle to/from the ship.

Unless you are driving to San Diego, I don't see why you would need a car there. If you embark at the Broadway pier, you can't be any closer to the Amtrak/trolley/bus station. The downtown area is walkable and taxis line up at the zoo. Perfect weather every day, of course, means you will want to walk when you do not have luggage. I would sleep at the Holiday Inn on the Bay (Harbor Drive, near the airport) and walk whenever possible - no need to waste money on parking a car if there are shuttles to the pier and airport.

Archived