Carnival "Dream" Cruise on 7/17 out of Pt. Canaveral

Does anyone have any suggestions for St. Thomas and St. Marten? We like doing our own thing. We never use the cruise line excursions. Also looking for transportation from Tampa to the Pt. Canaveral cruise port for 6 adults.

We did Godfrey's Tours in St. Thomas and Bernard's Tours in St. Martin. Both are tours of the island, a little shopping, and some beach time. There were others in our group who did other tours. Check out the current reviews on the review from the June 19th sailing. There are at least 3 out there including mine. :)

DH and I were tre chic in St. Martin. We took the CArnival Tour..always doo..seen too many folks get left..and I like knowing safety standards are checked..cars..brakes..etc. SO..on the tour..we went to the French Side. been there. Irritated last time because we are parked at the Flea Market. Ugh. Not the downtown area with cafes and such. So we had to wee wee something bad. The public potty was jammed. So some helpful islanders told us a potty was in the Mall. Mall? What Mall? Well there is one..It is charming. It has French Stores..Little Kioska with French perfunes never heard off..Spiced Rosed..YUM from Provence And a rest room to die for..with an attendant...tip her a dollar..spotless.basins of warm scented water..smells heavenly...IF I GO BACK..I am going to spend what time I have..in that mall. And I am not much of a shopper. It was Franch..transported.:p

We did Air Force One Tours with Papa Bear in St. Thomas and really enjoyed it. He was a great guide. I'd recommend him. He takes you around the island and then will take you to the beach of your choice (Magen's Bay was awesome...just remember it costs $4 pp).

In St. Maarten/Martin we went to Orient Bay Beach and it was HEAVEN! Whatever you do, make sure you end up there. The beach is amazing! And they have lots to do and lots of places to eat/drink on the beach too.

I've been to St. Thomas before and have gone to Coral World (its like a low end Sea World) and Coki Point. They are literally right next to each other, so one cab right get's you there. You can see what there is to see at Coral World in a couple of hours. If you want to do any kind of animal interactions, look into booking that ahead of time.

Coki Point is REALLY cool. Its a very pretty little beach/cove which is known for the thousands of beautiful fish that swim right up to you. They swim right up to you because locals feed them dog biscuits. You can buy them from the locals or bring your own. We brought about 15 with us in double zip loc bags. Its a blast to hold onto it and watch the fish come up and nibble on it. Be sure to get the enormous biscuits as you will be too scared to hold on to the miniature ones. Coki Point is public, so there's no charge to go there. There is some good snorkeling there as well. There is a company on site that rents snorkels or you can bring your own.

Its a very nice day seeing Coral World and then swimming/snorkeling at Coki Beach. Its very easy to get cabs there and back. I want to say its under 30 min each way, but its been a few years and I don't recall exactly.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Archived