Belize and Goff's Caye

czechgal

Here is part of our review from our cruise a week ago. The rest is on the review board and on carnival thread.:D

Belize: Took the ship’s Goff’s Caye Snorkel Tour. We tendered off at 8:45 and motored for 20” to a small island that was as beautiful as a post card. The water was so clear! I was scared to snorkel off the boat so we stayed behind with about half of the tour (15 people) and walked into the water with 3 guides. One to lead and two with rafts for those who were scared or got tired. They were so kind and helpful. Elio, the leader, pointed out so many things I would not have seen since I was a beginner. He also showed us the hurricane damage and the re-growth and regeneration of the coral. The snorkel lasted about 45” and we rested on shore until it was time to go back. I am not in good shape and it was an easy swim for me. Didn’t like the salt water in my snorkel with the high waves tho. My husband wants to go back to Belize just because of this tour. Elio said we should try the Shark Ray Alley tour next time. He also works for that tour company and said it was much better because of all of the contact with sealife. He spent a lot of time telling my and my husband about Belize and it’s culture. He made the trip memorable. We were back on ship by 12:30. Could buy snacks, drinks, but we brought our own. Also had port-o-lets for bathrooms.

The waves were a little high for me. There were storm clouds in the area and I figured the water was a little rough because of that. The others who had snorkeled/been to the ocean did not give it a second thought. It is all what you are used to .

It was $59... Here is a link from an old post that you may be able to view.

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jimcald/cruisestuff/Elation/shore_excursion_prices_april2004/

Lisa

Archived