Anytime Dining...are the tips NON removable??

Hi...I don't plan on using anytime dining

I travel with friends/group and have late seating

but...I am trying to recall...I was pretty sure that I read where the

tips are NOT removable if one chooses anytime dining??

I think that would be a good idea...as many people won't understand

that the tips go to many....

so please....does anyone have the answer to this simple question?

I am NOT trying to debate tip/not tip/remove/tip extra/ here

I am just asking...yes/no and do you have a link

are tips removable or NON removable on anytime dining?

thanks in advance

I know on RCCL you pay your tips up front if you do Anytime Dining. We had to pay ours like that on Oasis. I always pre-pay them anyway. I do think it is a good idea, but I want to say that Carnival doesn't require it. On our last cruise I don't recall having to pay them. We leave in three weeks and have Anytime Dining again and I don't recall paying them for that one either. Again, I always pre-pay anyway so I can't be sure.

the only thing i have read, that is different, is that you give your portfolio number each time so your tips go directly to your servers for each of your seatings.

dinner is only one of three meals, so that tip for your waiters comes to less than $2 per person, and yet read people start worrying about that amount, and who it's going to.

Thanks for the informative replies

My friend was on Oasis and I think I had that confused with Carnival's anytime dining...she did have to prepay for the tips there cause she used their version of "anytime"

IMHO the anytime dining will probably confuse tipping especially for those who don't follow these boards etc....

I personally prefer regular dining..well in a group that is best...and I just prepay the tips and let it ride

I have tipped a little over but not this last time when service was not the best, but I didn't remove them

I wonder if the waiters prefer anytime or "regular" dining? MY guess is they prefer regular dining rooms

(ps thanks for the info)

the only thing i have read, that is different, is that you give your portfolio number each time so your tips go directly to your servers for each of your seatings.

dinner is only one of three meals, so that tip for your waiters comes to less than $2 per person, and yet read people start worrying about that amount, and who it's going to.

Hmmm....we did anytime on Elation and was never asked for our folio. I just assumed the waitstaff in the Anytime dining section split all tips from pax who going that route.

Archived