Help Advice for 35 yr old Single Traveler & cost of pints

Hi all, I'm looking at booking on liberty of seas in october 2011 (transatlantic) I have never travelled alone before but as it is only one date it looks like I may have to does anybody know what its like travelling on you own onboard don't want to spend 2 weeks looking like Billy no mates also unsure of age range on RCI

Also previous cruises have been with Thomson with friends and we have always added drinks package, so was wondering what prices are like onboard RCI for larger (pints) and alcho pops ie WKD, Smirnoff Ice. I'm aware can purchase wine packages but only drink wine with meals.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227808&highlight=thirsty

this may help you it is a recent bar menu that someone has scanned in. Not sure if it varies ship to ship.

I have never travelled on my own. but myself and my husband went on freedom 3 years ago and it was a real mixture of ages.

We have booked the transatlantic on voyager this november. I have been talking to a few people quite a lot that I have got to know via the roll call boards. when we have our meet and mingle it will be like meeting old friends.

My husband and me are in our mid to late 20s. I think most people on our cruise will be a bit older than us, but that doesnt matter to us, theres bound to be plenty of people you can hang out with.

if you join the roll call board then you can get to know the poeple on your cruise, we have all kinds of activities planned on our cruise and some people have met at meals and stuff already.

hope this helps

mancmatt[/left]26;25050592]Hi all, I'm looking at booking on liberty of seas in

october

2011 (transatlantic) I have never travelled alone before but as it is only one date it looks like I may have to does anybody know what its like travelling on you own

onboard

don't want to spend 2 weeks looking like Billy no mates also unsure of age range on RCI

Also previous cruises have been with Thomson with friends and we have always added drinks package, so was wondering what prices are like

onboard

RCI for larger (pints) and

alcho pops

ie

WKD, Smirnoff Ice. I'm aware can purchase wine packages but only drink wine with meals.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice

Hi "Billy no mates" I am "Sally no mates" :D

I am your age (give a year or two ;) ) and I travel solo all the time!(Will by myself again for my next cruise) I LOVE the freedom of it ...

By the end of my cruise in May, I had made lots of friends and had several email addresses. Join your roll call, participate in activities (if you want to) etc. etc. - you will be just fine.

I see someone gave you a link to the bar menu, so I won't answer that question.

Have Fun!! :D

Thanks for that Its one of those things if youve never done it before your a bit nervous, I'm not worried about talking to anyone of any age it was just wasnt sure if I would stand out cause on my own but more i think about it more you are right complete freedom and I want to do the flowrider so at least if Im on my own when i fall off wont be that bad :) the drinks are nowhere near as much as i expected its cheaper than my local in manchester :) thanks again for reasurance think thats all I needed

Go for it, you're not going to stand out at all. There are so many passengers onboard, you're probably going to be one of many singles. I've literally always wanted to go on a solo cruise, but I don't think it would fly with the wife :p. Go, cut loose, and enjoy yourself it will be a blast.

Thanks for that Its one of those things if youve never done it before your a bit nervous, I'm not worried about talking to anyone of any age it was just wasnt sure if I would stand out cause on my own but more i think about it more you are right complete freedom and I want to do the flowrider so at least if Im on my own when i fall off wont be that bad :) the drinks are nowhere near as much as i expected its cheaper than my local in manchester :) thanks again for reasurance think thats all I needed

Matt, the nearest thing to a pint is the Fosters oil can which is about a pint and a quarter at $6.95 and don't forget the + 15% gratuity which is automatically added for your convenience ;)

Don't know where your local in Manchester is but must be city centre for those prices to be comparable!

As for being on your own, go for it! You'll be fine :)

the drinks are nowhere near as much as i expected its cheaper than my local in manchester :) thanks again for reasurance think thats all I needed

I think that must be the first time a Brit has ever said drinks are 'cheap' on RCI.....!!!!:D;)

I think that must be the first time a Brit has ever said drinks are 'cheap' on RCI.....!!!!:D;)

Absolutely :D:D!

We love RCI but bar prices are one of the reasons we looked elsewhere for this next trip and are giving Disney a go, you can take your own on Disney, that will save us a good few $$;)

Thanks to all reading everything the fact going on my own is nothing to worry about so thats that bit sorted, the drinks may be an issue especialy the 6 days at see looks like i will have to get plenty of overtime in at work:) at least i have an idea know of what to expect. reading all comments im gettin realy excited and not so botherd bout being on my own Im on Egypt & Holyland in sept with Thomson so the RCI will be first big cruise which why cant go this year.

Small beers on draught is 16oz and a large beer is 20oz.. not sure how that equates to half pints and pints for us brits. I'm a bit rubbish with measures.

There's so much going on that I'd be ok on a cruise on my own apart from the cost.

Hi Matthew from a fellow Mancunian who is also sailing on the Liberty TA in Oct 2011.

There's a couple of roll calls for this sailing. Come aboard and join in the fun planning!

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1165368

or

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1192480

As you haven't sailed RCI before, if you have any questions, fire away, we're only just up the road from you.

Oh BTW a pint of draft lager on Adventure in May this year was $5.95 plus 15% gratuity.

The age range on RCI goes from 8 months to 80! I reckon there's loads in the mid twenties to mid forties age range too!

Hi all, I'm looking at booking on liberty of seas in october 2011 (transatlantic) I have never travelled alone before but as it is only one date it looks like I may have to does anybody know what its like travelling on you own onboard don't want to spend 2 weeks looking like Billy no mates also unsure of age range on RCI

I traveled solo on a TA Barcelona to Galveston two years ago. They had a singles lunch early on, so we got to know each other, and saw each other on the Promanade going to shows,etc. With fewer ports, there is a more relaxed feeling to the cruise. You will enjoy the freedom of being on your own.

Have fun!:)

Archived