EPIC or Liberty?

Hello everyone! I have to choose between a balcony on the Norwegian EPIC 7 night cruise to Roatan, Costa Maya, and Cozumel OR an inside on the Carnival Liberty 7 night to Bahamas, St. Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk. I can go on either one for exactly the same price, same sail date.

I know the EPIC is a new ship, but the ports of call on the Liberty seem better.

I can't decide! What would YOU choose, and why?

Thank you!

I've sailed on Carnival Liberty and have to say that NCL Epic appears to be the more interesting ship of the two. Check some of the You tube videos taken on Epic that are currently running. Epic has a larger selection of restaurants, some unusual lounges such as the ice lounge and some very intriguing entertainment options and that fantastic water slide.

Of course, you may not be so much interested in the ship as the itinerary. In that case, Carnival Liberty is certainly good enough for that purpose.

oooh, tough one. I think I would take the Liberty over the Epic. For me, the extra that I would have to pay to eat at all those different restaurants would turn me off! Make sure you budget for it. I have friends that have said the MDR on NCL is not that great and that you really are made to go to the pay restaurants for a good meal.

I cruise inside or outside/balcony so the cabin isn't a big deal with me.

The porst are important to me. I like both itineraries. Costa Maya is wonderful. Never been to Roatan (but going in October). Been to Coz everytime I've been to the Western. I love Grand Turk, St. Thomas and San Juan. Lots to do at all those places. Bahamas is kindof iffy for me. Now if you went to Half Moon Cay, it would be a no brainer!

Both are huge ships (not my favorite -- I like ones about the size of the Spirit Class).

Just keep an open mind and enjoy whichever one you go on!

If it were me, and I had not been to any of the ports previously..... I would definitely want to sail the newer ship. If you have sailed any of them before, I would choose the alternate itinerary.

Archived