Autoprogreso Combo Tour

Has anyone gone on this tour? What did you think of it? We will be there on 7/12 and my 18 year old son would really like to go on this one.

Tour # 3

Combo Tour

Price: $39 dlls. pp

Starts:9:30 am

Meeting point: at the pier next to the fountain at 9:00 am

Duration:4.5 hrs. aprox.

Includes: Transportation, Tour guide and Access to the Ruins.

Places to visit: Dzibilchaltun Ruins ( Cenote, museum) Merida City ( Historic downtown, colonial buildings, the cathedral, etc.) The ride to get there are 20 min.

As you can probably tell, I love Merida. Especially for land trips. It's a modern, sophisticated city of almost one million friendly and proud folks. Yet the city retains it's Spanish colonial feeling. That's why I booked Elation for late August so that I can revisit Merida for a few hours.

Note: Local reliable, modern bus to Merida is $3.00 pp RT. Just a FYI.

any help with this port would be appreciated. We are going in january 2011 so I have some time to figure out what we want to do. Also has anyone used autoprogreso for this port and HOW I haven't had much luck. We are leaning towards the mexican buffet and horse show but I would love some feedback on this one as well as I can't walk a real long ways so I use a wheelchair some, would this be feasible for me

• 2 weeks later...

We did the combo tour Monday (July 12) and had a great time. A few words of caution, though. The tour left the pier at 10am and returned at 2:30pm....plenty of time to reboard without rushing. We noticed the tour guides were constantly checking the time to make sure we weren't running late.

The ruins at Dzibilchaltun were really interesting and you could climb them. The cenote was beautiful but we only had 10 minutes to swim before we had to get back on the bus for Merida. Fortunately, we had decided beforehand that we didn't want to swim anyway so we weren't too disappointed.

Traffic was heavy in Merida, so we only had 30 minutes to walk around the square and the cathedral was closed.

It was a lot of fun and really interesting but quite the whirlwind tour. I think if we were to go back we would go on our own (and earlier...it was HOT).

Wasn`t Ivan your tour guide??? Because I did that tour through autoprogresso and it was really amazing!!! Such a great guide who answered everything I wanted to know about Mayan civilization. :D

Yes, Ivan was our tour guide. Unfortunately, my son's girlfriend was the one who got sick on the bus. We opted to tour the Governor's Palace. Yes, it was hot.

Archived