Amtrak to pier for golden in seattle

I was wondering the best and by best I mean least expensive way to get from the AMTRAK station to the pier in Seattle to catch the Golden Princess? I'm sure we could take a cab but we have a party of 8 and I was wondering if public transit was available. Only a one nighter so not a bunch of luggage to worry about.

Thanks for any help.

Threeputtlewy

I was wondering the best and by best I mean least expensive way to get from the AMTRAK station to the pier in Seattle to catch the Golden Princess? I'm sure we could take a cab but we have a party of 8 and I was wondering if public transit was available. Only a one nighter so not a bunch of luggage to worry about.

Thanks for any help.

Threeputtlewy

Public transit IS available, but you can bet they won't let eight of you onboard with luggage, even just carryons. Bus space is kind of limited, particularly during early morning rush. Also, you have to get off on top of a bridge and walk down three flights of stairs to reach the road into the terminal. Your best bet is to reserve a limo or SUV towncar. Or take four taxis. Each taxi would be about $15 or so plus gratuity for two people.

I just got off the Golden. A group of us hiked through the airport terminal and took the Links Light rail transit for $2.50 all the way to the hotel (Inn at Harbor Steps) and saved quite a bit of money. The next morning we walked about Pike Street Market, bought wine, walked up to a pier and did sight seeing, and then took a very inexpensive cab ride to pier 91. We all boarded the Links in the airport with huge suitcase and big carryons each. Everyone has all their luggage on the Links and it lets us out at University Station and we rolled our bags downhill one short block. No biggie and very very inexpensive...I recommend the Links and recommend enjoying Seattle the day before. awesome town

There are at least 2 shuttle services in Seattle: Shuttle Express and Seattle Express. Google for their websites and contact them to see what you would pay for everyone to get back & forth between Amtrak & the pier at the times you need.

I just got off the Golden. A group of us hiked through the airport terminal and took the Links Light rail transit for $2.50 all the way to the hotel (Inn at Harbor Steps) and saved quite a bit of money. The next morning we walked about Pike Street Market, bought wine, walked up to a pier and did sight seeing, and then took a very inexpensive cab ride to pier 91. We all boarded the Links in the airport with huge suitcase and big carryons each. Everyone has all their luggage on the Links and it lets us out at University Station and we rolled our bags downhill one short block. No biggie and very very inexpensive...I recommend the Links and recommend enjoying Seattle the day before. awesome town

Link is entirely different than the buses, though (much more room), and it is the buses that go "near" Terminal 91.

Not sure where the OP is taking Amtrak from, but if going on the Coast Starlight, you may want to take late running trains in consideration. When we took this train up from Southern California to Seattle, we built in a day's padding. The arrival time of 8:40 pm became an actual arrival of 11:30pm. The extra day was nice for recovering from a 40-hr train trip and gave us time to do a little shopping for cruise essentials and sightseeing (we also were staying post-cruise for a few days). Anyone who was taking the train a few days later found their trip complicated for a tunnel fire, which meant getting off the train, getting on a bus for nine hours, and then back on a train on the other side of the damaged tunnel.

Just like flying in at least a day ahead of a cruise, I would strongly look into an early arrival for trains too.

Archived