Voyager cruise-CHARTERED - What to expect?

Try to be patient and wait for RCI to call. DH & I were scheduled for a b2b cruise on the Serenade last November (we had booked the prior November). We had a wonderful hump cabin for both weeks. In May 2009 they called and stated that our first week was chartered (week 2 of a 2 week charter). They wanted us to cruise our second week and continue on the next week. Unfortunately that would put us back just before Christmas, very inconvenient. DH got pissed at the dates offered (they also suggested another ship, but we LOVE the Serenade). So, he wrote a very firm letter to Adam Goldstein. Someone from his office called and worked with us. We received the OBC they were offering, they honored the fares were were paying and they credited our credit card with the $100 per person charge to change our airfare (we had already booked our airfare to SJU using FF miles).

Moral is wait until they call and contact someone higher up if the offerings are not convenient for you (be firm, state the facts). We did loose our hump room, but had a wonderful time on the b2b Serenade cruise the last two weeks of January 2010.

Good luck.

We were booked on this cruise for the Hair Show at Sea and got booted off! No we don't have enough people for the whole entire ship.

I am frustrated as this is my first cruise with RCCL. The lack of communication is ridiculous! Evidentally there were people on here who knew about it 2 weeks ago! I just found out last night.

We were booked on this cruise for the Hair Show at Sea and got booted off! No we don't have enough people for the whole entire ship.

I am frustrated as this is my first cruise with RCCL. The lack of communication is ridiculous! Evidentally there were people on here who knew about it 2 weeks ago! I just found out last night.

BUMMER - if you were booked for the Hair Show and all cabins are not fully booked I can't understand why you can't get a cabin. Did you call the organizers of the show instead of RCL?

BUMMER - if you were booked for the Hair Show and all cabins are not fully booked I can't understand why you can't get a cabin. Did you call the organizers of the show instead of RCL?

The answer is that the Hair Show was just a group, one of many groups that are on every cruise. They didn't charter the ship, so they got booted along with everyone else when the ship was chartered. See the later message for the info on that.

Theron

It shows on the RCCL web page as chartered to Reach Media Inc, that advertises as the most effective way to reach Black America.

Here are a couple web pages with information for this year's cruise by this same organization. Note: This is not information about the 2011 cruise, which is the subject of this thread.

http://www.reachmediainc.com/fvoyage.html

http://www.blackamericaweb.com/fv2010/

Theron

Thanks for all the advice. The ship was chartered, I got a phone message we were bumped off and had to call to re-book another date. They gave us a choice of three sailings at same price and $200 OBC. Of course we did not get the aft cabin :rolleyes:that we had booked so early to get ~ RCCL was adament about what they would and would not do -ended up having to settle with regular cabin/NO upgrade. Oh well - still love RCCL ships !!! If you were booked - they make this offer only until July 24th (I think) so you better call soon. :)

Archived