MSC opera 9 september

Sambi

Hello, is anyone from the netherlands MSC opera on the 9th of september from amsterdam, or is there a meet and greet organised?

Hi Sambi

Firstly welcome to CC, I am sure you are going to learn so much valuable information from this great site.

May I suggest you go to the Roll Call section and put this post there as that is the best place to find others on your cruise. In our case we did that and as a result found some wonderful new friends to share port excursions with rather than do the ships ones.

All the best for a wonderful cruise and do ask if you have any other questions as there are a lot of wonderful people who can assist you.

Cheers, Misty

• 1 month later...

Hi Centaur,

We will not be on the opera ourselves, but we made my mother in law enthousiastic and she will cruise on the 9th from Amsterdam.

She will be travelling alone and since we had a meet and greet on the HAL last april, I was wundering if the cruisers on the MSC had a simular meeting. I will check the roll call for the MSC, thank you for your reply.

greetz,

Sambi

Hi Sambi

so far there is hardly anyone that has responded to the Roll Call. We would like to meet your mother in law if that is ok with her. I am not sure how to go about it so I am going to look into the questions and answer section for hints & tips.

Look forward to hearing from you:)

Hi Sambi

so far there is hardly anyone that has responded to the Roll Call. We would like to meet your mother in law if that is ok with her. I am not sure how to go about it so I am going to look into the questions and answer section for hints & tips.

Look forward to hearing from you:)

Sorry to but in...I think you need to have a certain number of people to organise an official meet and greet.

There is a really nice coffee shop on the Opera, on deck 6, right above the reception desk at the top of the twin marble staircases. I think that would make a very nice meeting place for you all and it is open all day long.

Hi Centaur,

My mother in law, who's name is Anita btw, likes it very much to meet with you. And of course the coffee shop on the 6th sounds nice, good suggestion. It is always possible to set a date and time, like the 10th after diner around 22.00 or at the 11th, day at sea at.... let's say 10.00 in the morning. I'm just naming a few possibilities, but if you have any ideas, please let me know. For us it is a great way to practice our English again.;)

Hi Centaur,

My mother in law, who's name is Anita btw, likes it very much to meet with you. And of course the coffee shop on the 6th sounds nice, good suggestion. It is always possible to set a date and time, like the 10th after diner around 22.00 or at the 11th, day at sea at.... let's say 10.00 in the morning. I'm just naming a few possibilities, but if you have any ideas, please let me know. For us it is a great way to practice our English again.;)

Hi Sambi

nice to hear from you. I think the 10th is going to be hectic and the 11th most probably we will have a life boat drill in the morning. So suggest maybe after the drill we could meet in the coffee shop at 11am? I will have so see how we can identify ourselves? Hope this is going to be ok for Anita and dont worry about English my Dutch is not good either but I have very good friends in Holland so I am sure we will be in good company;)

Hi Centaur,

The 11th at 11 after the drill is fine. Have you got any idea how to reconise each other? We have to think of something in the next week, my MIL is sailing on the 9th!

Hi Sambi

nice to hear from you. You say MIL is sailing on the 9th? from where? our cruise leaves Dover on the 10th. let me know ASAP anyway and I am thinking of a way to regognise, maybe other cruisers can help us? CTF:)

Hi Centaur,

The 11th at 11 after the drill is fine. Have you got any idea how to reconise each other? We have to think of something in the next week, my MIL is sailing on the 9th!

sorry Sambi,

your MIL is sailing from Amsterdam on the 9th and we are sailing from Dover on the 10th, its late in the evening when I am sending you this msg:o

Afternoon Sambi!

you were also up early!

ok so now we are sorted. Best thing to meet is that I will find a table in the coffee shop and have a copy of the MSC Cruise Brochure with me at the table. I describe myself as 5' 4" darkish hair and wearing glasses and fairly slim. my husband is 6' very slim and wearing glasses. If all coffee tables are taken I will most probably just shout out your MIL's name!! that should be a good ice breaker:)

I will also ask reception if I can put a note in the ships newspaper for the 11th for a 'meet & greet' for others who are also members of Cruisecritic.

Hope this is ok for you and member you can let me have a description of your MIL? bye for now CTF

A very good Sunday to you Centaur,

I don't know how the weather is with you, but here the sun is shining, it is very nice and the perfect weather to envy you for your upcomming cruise!

At the 11th at 11 o'clock, my MIL wil be in the coffee shop. She is about 5'7 (I had to converse this because we have meters ;)) has very light, white, hair, wears glasses and is never without lipstick. She is looking forward to meet you and I can't wait to hear and read your stories! I will ask her to bring the ships day's newspaper with her.

Is it all right if I ask you for your name? For some reason most CC-ers only mention their nicknames, but I think its kind of funny when my MIL walks around in the coffee shop, asking everyone if she is Centaur:).

Hope to hear from you again!

Greetz Sambi

nice to hear from you, this sunday has been cold and miserable and we are having to wear coats to go out! so I am hoping very much that once on board the weather will 'hot' up and we can sit out on deck enjoying the sunshine and maybe a cocktail;-)

your email made me laugh! I am just like your MIL, I never leave the house without my lipstick!!

Not sure about revealing my name as this will take away the anonominity of our User names, dont worry I will find her, perhaps you can tell me her young age? Do you know if there will be anyone else coming from Holland?

hope to hear from you soon CTF:)

Hi Centaur,

It is almost day of sailing for my MIL and for you! My MIL is mid 60's, and she is really looking forward. Nice that some other people may show up too!

On the Carnival Magic of 12th june next year we are not to much about anonimous, but of course I respect you if you don't want to reveal your first name. I really hope you and my MIL will meet, she will be in the coffee shop on the 11th at 11. But most of all I wish her, you and your husband a wonderfull cruise! I'm looking forward to hear the stories at the end.

So again: lot's of fun and hope to hear from you after the cruise!

Good Morning Sambi,

lovely to hear from you again! I have the date & time embedded in my mind and I am also looking forward to meeting your MIL Anita and also the many others and I know we are going to all help make sure that we all have a great time. I have my Travel Journal ready to record our holiday and our course the video camera for prosperity! It has been very nice writing to you and also thank you for including my husband in your message and also hope your cruise next year on the Carnival will be great, so in the meantime safe passage to Anita to board the Opera and Bon Voyage!! Centaur:)

• 1 month later...

Hello Centaur! How are you, how is your husband? I thought you may be back now, so just sent you a mail to ask you if you had a good time too? My MIL liked it very much. Soon we will visit her and see all the pictures. Of course she all ready told us a lot about the cruise and we just hope you enjoyed it as much as she did?

Hi Ingrid

it really was lovely to meet Anita. I did send you a text and hope you received it. We had some laughs and good times. I have not uploaded any photos yet as I am still recovering - post holiday blues!! Hope Anita is ok - I looked for her when she got off the ship to wave her goodbye but I could not see her however we did say our farewells at breakfast and I had a tear in my eye! she gave me her email address and I hope to send her a msg soon. all the best CTF.:)

Archived