Posted pix of the newly added suites on the Star?

alikaalex

Has anyone out there cruised in the newly added suites on Deck 12 Fwd on the Norwegian Star? Know of where any pictures might be posted? I've seen the concept graphics and floor plans on the NCL sites, but would be interested to see some firsthand photos.

The suites in question are the new...

• A2: Deluxe Owner's Suite
  • AJ: Family Suite
  • AH: Penthouse with Balcony

My curiosity has gotten the better of me and I must know what they look like "in the flesh".

They are not scheduled to be completed until the original dry dock dates in November. No pictures available yet.

According to the NCL site, the AH and AJ suites are available for booking on the August 14 sailing and all three classes of suites are available for booking on the October 8 sailing. In fact, it appears two of the A2 suites are already booked for the latter date, so I suspect the new suites are already online.

What my PCC at NCL told me was that the first sailing they would be available for would be the week of July 17th. So if they are done on time we won't be able to see any pictures until after the 24th went they return and someone comes back to post pictures after their cruise.

They are due to be completed within the next couple of weeks. I have an HC AJ suite booked for my September sailing, so they had BETTER be done by then......:D

I am in the same boat as you (no pun intended) and have a couple AJ suites booked for a September sailing. I'm real anxious to see the real live pics!

We've been down to the waterfront but haven't been able to see much of anything other than the dark windows in what used to be the Spinnaker. This is our 3rd time on the Star, and I wasn't crazy about the changes, but am now anxious to see the AJ suites.

I am in the same boat as you (no pun intended) and have a couple AJ suites booked for a September sailing. I'm real anxious to see the real live pics!

We've been down to the waterfront but haven't been able to see much of anything other than the dark windows in what used to be the Spinnaker. This is our 3rd time on the Star, and I wasn't crazy about the changes, but am now anxious to see the AJ suites.

Exactly. Last time I was down for dinner at Anthony's a couple of weeks ago, they had something that looked like tarps taped up over the windows and darkened glass on the ones that you could see. It is our second time, my first in an accessible suite, so I NEED to see something other than the artist's conception, if you get my drift (no pun intended there, either).

I also share your curiosity on what the new rooms actually look like. For my late September cruise to Alaska, I have booked one of the newly designed Deluxe Owners Suites (A2). Though I will not have a balcony, the view from these rooms should be spectacular. Once the first set of cruisers return from these rooms, I hope they will post some pictures and give details. If not, I will certainly take the time to upload some pictures during my cruise.

I also share your curiosity on what the new rooms actually look like. For my late September cruise to Alaska, I have booked one of the newly designed Deluxe Owners Suites (A2). Though I will not have a balcony, the view from these rooms should be spectacular. Once the first set of cruisers return from these rooms, I hope they will post some pictures and give details. If not, I will certainly take the time to upload some pictures during my cruise.

Brian/Karen: You'll have to be certain that you join in the cabin crawl. I have an AJ just down the companionway from you, but I think we ALL want to see one of the new DOS.

Sounds good Karen.

Have to admit, I haven't heard much about the cabin crawl event. The new DOS on the Star apparently have multiple layouts, some reportedly with two bedrooms and the capacity to sleep 6, so I am also interested in seeing the other ones if possible.

Sounds good Karen.

Have to admit, I haven't heard much about the cabin crawl event. The new DOS on the Star apparently have multiple layouts, some reportedly with two bedrooms and the capacity to sleep 6, so I am also interested in seeing the other ones if possible.

I don't know if anyone else has one or not. Mine is an AJ (family suite) which NORMALLY would sleep six, but mine is an accessible suite so it only holds four.

We (on the roll call) will be putting together a cabin crawl. The only official ship "crawl" is the pub crawl. DD and I don't drink, and they only have three pre-prepared drinks (Cosmo, Mai-Tai and beer) that you can get, so we won't be doing that one after all. We were hoping we could just get ginger ale (since we will have the soda card) and meet some people that way, but, oh well....

Look forward to seeing you soon.

Archived