Is there a new Lotus Spa brochure since Steiner took over?

cruizinpooh

Hi!

For those of you recently off the Caribbean Princess, do you know if there is a new brochure of services Steiner offers? I've read different posts about the difference in prices and difference in services from what they had originally booked. However, have they put out a different brochure? Unfortunately, my cruise is not until September 05 so I cannot view anything in my Cruise Personalizer. I believe that the Brochure that is in the Princess website is the old one from when Princess was providing the services. Can someone help?

Thank you!

Cruizinpooh

The website shows the new services but there is no new brochure at this time.

I just called Princess to ask if one was available (or a guide which matches up services) and to ask some questions about the new offering and what would happen to people who had pre-reserved services under the old spa provider. They still weren't sure how that was going to be handled especially since the services don't match up from both a time and price perspective.

I asked to get a brochure mailed as soon as one is available.

I thought I had read on this site that the dates for CP changeover was in the Summer of 05. But alas, that is not to be the case. In reviewing other threads on this board, it seems that the changeover has happened and many people are having their reservations altered to the new array of choices.

Barry

We must have access through our booking number since we have a booking on the Caribbean Princess in April '05.

What is interesting is how this change was done overnight. One day I was in making arrangements with some reasonable pricing and the next day I receive an email stating that Steiner took over and the prices and services would change. I went in to look and what a mess. Several days later they sent another email stating that they would honor the original pricing.

I am not sure if anyone has had any luck with the email too date.

Regards,

Tom

Not sure why they did it but the prices have gone up $10 to $20. :confused: The rates for sea days are the same. I know that Princess has their hands tied but I was looking forward to cruising on a ship that didn't have a Steiner Spa.;)

The prices for sea days and port days have increased and the time of the services has been changed. For example, Lotus Spa offered a 50 and 80 minute stone massage. The new offering only has a 75 minute at a significantly higher price. Times/offerings for nail services also have changed.

There are seem to no longer be services geared for the male crowd whereas Lotus Spa had an entire menu for men. While Steiner may have one, the lack of brochure is very disconcerting.

This is only a sampling of differences - its hard to compare some items since you can't get a good description of the new services to match against the old but for these, I think you can make the comparison..Everything is based on sea day prices...

Lotus Spa Steaming Stones had two options 50 or 80 minutes either $110 or $145. Now, the only comparable is Chakra Stone Therapy for 75 minutes at 175. So you pay $30 more for 5 minutes less massage with no option for shorter. (20% price increase)

Swedish Massage - Lotus Spa offered 25, 50 and 80 minute varieties at $65/100/135. Now the offering is 50 minutes for $109 (10% price increase)

Deep Tissue Massage - LS offered 50/80 minutes at $110/$145. Now only 50 minutes offered at $116 (about 5% increase).

I can't speak for nail services as its not something I take advantage of.

We had booked the hot stone massage on the CP before Steiner took over. We had printed out the reservation and prices. They did honor the price of $80 for a 50 minute massage. They actually shortened the massage from Steiner's 75 minute massage to the original time of 50 minutes. If you printed out the old price, take it with you. We did and had to show it to them.

Joan

Archived