Does anyone know...

bling19572010

how late the forts in San Juan stay open for tours? And how long does it typically take to do a tour of the forts? Thank you!

Yes, they are open until 6pm. It usually takes about 1 hr to visit the fort ( some people take longer,some less).

Fort San Crisotbal is open until 7pm on Tuesday nights.

I had thought it was 5 that the forts close, but I am probably wrong, about an hour is correct for time, also keep in mind that you can walk around and look at the outsides of the forts, so if you get there later, it is still fun to go see them. Sunset at the fort closer to the opening of the bay (sorry I don't know the names or correct geological terms ) is beautiful!!!!! You can walk down at the bottom of the old city walls also.

I had thought it was 5 that the forts close, but I am probably wrong, about an hour is correct for time, also keep in mind that you can walk around and look at the outsides of the forts, so if you get there later, it is still fun to go see them. Sunset at the fort closer to the opening of the bay (sorry I don't know the names or correct geological terms ) is beautiful!!!!! You can walk down at the bottom of the old city walls also.

"Opening of the bay" works. The fort is El Morro. The walk down the bottom of the walls starts at Paseo de la Princessa and continues along the harbor on Paseo El Morro. You can also get good views of both forts, the cemetary, the Capitolio, etc, along the road and walkway overlooking the Atlantic on the north side.

"Opening of the bay" works. The fort is El Morro. The walk down the bottom of the walls starts at Paseo de la Princessa and continues along the harbor on Paseo El Morro. You can also get good views of both forts, the cemetary, the Capitolio, etc, along the road and walkway overlooking the Atlantic on the north side.

Is travelling this walkway suitable for a wheelchair?

Archived