NCL Dawn Oct. 10 NYC - Miami roll call

chongkwang

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to the cruise and seeing everyone on the ship. I guess my biggest challenge at the moment is looking for a decent place to stay in NY without being eaten by bed bugs. :) Toronto's hotel are having some problem with keeping the bugs from spreading.

HEY ALL! My hubby and I and our close friend just booked this cruise! This will be our 3rd time on the Dawn. We took the Dawn on our very first cruise in 2003 (Miami to NYC), and again in 2007 from NYC to Miami (almost the same itinerary as this one).

We love NCL and the Dawn and really hope to meet all you guys and have a BLAST! :)

Danny & Del

& Paul

Looking forward to the cruise and seeing everyone on the ship. I guess my biggest challenge at the moment is looking for a decent place to stay in NY without being eaten by bed bugs. :) Toronto's hotel are having some problem with keeping the bugs from spreading.

We are staying here:

http://bedbugregistry.com/hotel/NY/New-York/Hotel-Beacon

Supposedly bed bug free :)

• 2 weeks later...
We did this cruise two years ago and had no problem with the weather. Had a couple days with an afternoon shower, so we just spent our time in the spa area. It was kind of chilly leaving New York, but by the second day, we were in warm weather.

Hi Cruise Bill

Did you do any of the port activities - we are probably not too keen to get ripped off, but would rather do some snorkeling etc at the beaches - getting our own way by taxi etc....do you have any experience in this on this cruise?

thanks

HEY ALL! My hubby and I and our close friend just booked this cruise! This will be our 3rd time on the Dawn. We took the Dawn on our very first cruise in 2003 (Miami to NYC), and again in 2007 from NYC to Miami (almost the same itinerary as this one).

We love NCL and the Dawn and really hope to meet all you guys and have a BLAST! :)

Danny & Del

& Paul

Hi Danny - good to see you guys coming too...

Do you know if there is any good snorkeling and/or beach activity at local beaches and easily accessible?

Per below note to Cruise Bill we are not wanting to be charged enormous rates by the cruise line....

thanks

Hi Cruise Bill

Did you do any of the port activities - we are probably not too keen to get ripped off, but would rather do some snorkeling etc at the beaches - getting our own way by taxi etc....do you have any experience in this on this cruise?

thanks

Hi Batemanx, We have taken a taxi while in port, but the first couple times we did it, we were with someone that knew what to do and where to go. We have also taken tours that we booked after we got on shore. As of now, we have not planned any port trips. We are not much for snorkeling, but would be open to some other side trips. We are going to look through some of the activities that are offered by the cruise line and see if we want to do any of those trips.

Looking forward to meeting you,

Bill

Hi everyone.

Just wondering if anyone else receieved an update regarding the cruise. NCL has made some adjustment because of an engine problem. Belize is replace with Cozumel. Not a huge fan of Cozumel but I guess its better than another sea day :)

I am still going, its still an awesome deal with or without Belize :)

Norwegian Dawn has experienced technical difficulties with one of her engines. As a result, Norwegian Dawn will be traveling at a reduced speed. At Norwegian Cruise Line, the safety and security of our guests is our number one priority. Please be assured that the engine issues reducing our speed capabilities in no way impact the safe operation

of the vessel.

Revised Arrive Depart.

Sun New York City, New York 4:00 pm

Mon Relaxing Day at Sea

Tue Relaxing Day at Sea

Wed Samana, Dominican Republic noon 8:00 pm

Thu Relaxing Day at Sea

Fri Willemstad, Curacao 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Sat Oranjestad, Aruba 8:00 am 11:00 pm

Sun Relaxing Day at Sea

Mon Relaxing Day at Sea

Tue Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras 8:00 am 4:00 pm

Wed Cozumel, Mexico 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Thu Relaxing Day at Sea

Fri Miami, Florida 8:00 am

Any recommendations for affordable transportation from Flushings area by La Guardia Airport to Cape Liberty Cruise Port? We're staying at the Fairfield Inn La Guardia.

Hi socalguys,

Steve and I are staying at the Fairfield Inn LaGuardia Airport/Astoria, I think there are two Fairfield Inns near LaGuardia. We are going in on Friday and spending the day exploring New York. As of now, we are planning on taking a taxi to the port.

Bill

Hi acflight,

I did see on the main roll call board that the itinerary has changed. It really didn't matter to us, I am sure we will still have a good time. If it hadn't been for Cruise Critic, I guess we would not have known about the change, NCL or my travel agent didn't let us know about the change.

See you on the cruise,

Bill

Hi Bill,

I thought it would be good to let everyone know about the changes. I recieved the email this past weekend and was given a time period to cancel my trip if I wish too. I guess I am a bit behind the news.

Nothing in life is permanent except for death. So as long as the ship doesn't sink I will survive Cozumel. LOL.

I hope to see everyone on board. Will there be a FOD meeting?

Hi acflight,

I am assuming that there will be FOD meetings. Two years ago we took a repositioning cruise on the Jewel. They held the FOD meetings everyday in one of the bars at 5:00. It worked out great, several of us would go to dinner after the meeting. The meetings were very well attended. It was one of the best cruises that we have been on.

Looking forward to meeting,

Bill

You are correct. The Fairfield were staying is 2 miles east of La Guardia Airport. I contacted them directly and offer a complimentary shuttle to and from La Guardia Airport and a shuttle to the number 7 train which they said with take us to mid town and transfer to the Path. I will check it out and see if the taxi is a better option. Thanks Bill

I want to confirm that the ship is leaving from Manhattan Cruise Terminal at 12th Avenue and west 55th st. ? I had contacted NCL since I have never taken a ship NYC area and was told to take the Liberty Harbor Ferry. The gentleman said not to hold him to that since he has never been there. I am coming from the La Guardia Airport/Flushing area.

Any recommendations for affordable transportation from Flushings area by La Guardia Airport to Cape Liberty Cruise Port? We're staying at the Fairfield Inn La Guardia.

Hey socalguys and Bill

If you are adventurous and can handle your luggage, you should get the 7 train into the city - it is cheap ($2.25) and will take about 30 minutes to get to 42nd St/Times Sq. Then get a cab for a few dollars to the port. Easy ;-).

Alternatively, see if one of the many airport-hotel shuttles will pick you up from your hotel on their run into the city. Usually $15-ish pp.

Archived