Freeport, Bahamas

Jenn1121

My husband and I are going on a cruise in a little over a week. I was just curious what people like to see/do in Freeport? I have heard it isn't as nice as Nassau.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions :)

Jenn

There is a very nice beach at Our Lucaya. I like it much better than Nassau. There is public (free) access as well as a day pass available at the Reef Village. There are several threads here about it if you want more info. I highly recommend the day pass. Well worth the money IMO.

Thanks for the info!! I thought I read this awhile back somewhere on the threads. Now I am getting ready to ask a stupid question...where do you get the all day pass and how much is it? The reason I ask is b/c we are docking very early- 7 a.m. and leave at 2 p.m. It seems very early to leave but I guess they need the time to get to the next port.

Thanks again for your help!!

Jenn

Thanks for the info!! I thought I read this awhile back somewhere on the threads. Now I am getting ready to ask a stupid question...where do you get the all day pass and how much is it? The reason I ask is b/c we are docking very early- 7 a.m. and leave at 2 p.m. It seems very early to leave but I guess they need the time to get to the next port.

Thanks again for your help!!

Jenn

You ask your taxi driver to drop you off at Our Lucaya. You walk towards the beach and look for signs to Reef Village, a very short walk. Go to the towel hut at the pool and purchase them there. I don't know how early the pool area opens though. You guys are going to have an early morning!

We just returned today from a cruise to Freeport and Nassau (Carnival Fantasy). While I agree that Nassau is nicer, the beach at Our Lucaya was very nice. They have water sports there that you can do (snorkeling, riding the boat tube thingies, etc). Also, the guy at the towel hut gave us separate pricing on day passes for adults and kids - $20 adult, $10 kids. We didnt get the pass since we were only there a short time and all our friends were shopping, not swimming. The beach is very nice though.

I've only been there once and don't feel I can comment accurately on the beach, but I will say that I actually liked Freeport much better than Nassau. The people there were so much friendlier. I met some nice people in Nassau, but it seemed like almost everyone I met in Freeport was friendly.

Archived