St John-HELP ME CHOOSE PLEASE!

Heading to Canada for my first time ever! The cruise is in October. Had no problem choosing any excursions except for in St. John. We are torn between 3 choices. If you have any experiences or advise, please please please let me know!!!

1- St Martins and the bay of Fundy

2 - Fundy by Land and Sea

3 - Wildlife and Whale Watching Cruise of Bay of Fundy - this is bucket list material! I have been whale watching 3x's with no results. I think I am cursed. My concern here to the cold and the chances of sightings in mid-October.

Thank you for any assistance and guidance you can provide!

We did the St Martins and the bay of Fundy tour which took us to the City Market and the rapids before heading out to St Martins. We had the seafood chowder at a small restaurant in St. Martins. What made this one of the better tours was our tour guide. I think her name was Debbie and she was dressed as a Loyalist. She was born and raised in the area so she had lots of information to pass on.

• 2 weeks later...

We had a wonderful tour with Freedom Tours to this region. E-mail them and ask for their list of 2010 Cruise Ship Tours. If you are going to be there after their Thanksgiving, the only way you will have access to the Fundy Trail is with a tour.

I would book Freedom Tours early. :) Last year I called about 3 to 4 weeks before we left and they were booked up also, tried to rent a car and they

were sold out. Had to book a ship tour to St. Martins but it was alot of fun. It was worth the money. I would had rather have drove myself though because they did not go on

past St. Martins a few miles. I guess from what I have read it is a lovely drive. I think this time we are renting a car and going to St. Andrews by the Sea. What does everyone think of that suggestion.

Archived