Come Fly with me show

Sorry...we didn't take any. RCCL specifically asks you take no pictures.....and especially since there are a lot of aerial feats I would think it could be dangerous for the performers. It is an AMAZING show though!!!

I have a lot of pictures from the show. I turned off my flash to not distract the performers.

They don't actually say no pictures, they say no "flash photography" as a courtesy to the performers and no "video recording" due to copyright.

If you send your email I will gladly send you some of the photos I have.

I have a lot of pictures from the show. I turned off my flash to not distract the performers.

They don't actually say no pictures, they say no "flash photography" as a courtesy to the performers and no "video recording" due to copyright.

If you send your email I will gladly send you some of the photos I have.

I have always agreed with tray on the interpretation of RCCL's statement but after seeing so many people sitting there recording videos I finally decided to take some pictures (with not flash) as that was allowed by the rules. You can find some in my picassa pictures linked below in the album for "January 7, 2010 - Day 6 - At Sea". Here's one of them:

DSC00940.JPG

The announcements used to be "For the safety of the performers, no flash photography." The new announcement before every show on Oasis of the Seas was "Due to artists' copyright restrictions, the use of any photography or recording devices is strictly prohibited." That means that it is NOT allowable to use your camera without the flash. I wanted to take pictures without the flash, but my husband made me follow the rules.

The announcements used to be "For the safety of the performers, no flash photography." The new announcement before every show on Oasis of the Seas was "Due to artists' copyright restrictions, the use of any photography or recording devices is strictly prohibited." That means that it is NOT allowable to use your camera without the flash. I wanted to take pictures without the flash, but my husband made me follow the rules.

I think it depends on the show. I was on the 6/26 cruise and I think they said no photos for Hairspray, but no flash photos for other shows.

I think it depends on the show. I was on the 6/26 cruise and I think they said no photos for Hairspray, but no flash photos for other shows.

Huh! That's weird. On the January 2nd cruise, they definitely said no photos for all the shows. We were listening very closely to see if we were allowed to take non-flash pictures, but we were not for any of the shows. I wonder if that's because it was a new ship and they didn't know the difference yet.

Both times on the Oasis, they stated no cameras or video recording for Hairspray. For Come Fly With Me and the ice show, they stated no video recording or flash photography. For Oasis of Dreams, nothing was stated about taking anything and I have seen this show six times over both cruises. Plenty of people including myself had our video cameras going.

Huh! That's weird. On the January 2nd cruise, they definitely said no photos for all the shows. We were listening very closely to see if we were allowed to take non-flash pictures, but we were not for any of the shows. I wonder if that's because it was a new ship and they didn't know the difference yet.

That's the sailing we were on and I never heard no photos either. To be fair though Hairspray was our 2nd night (1st was comedy club) so I wasn't even thinking about pictures at that point and wasn't listening closely yet. I do know that for the fountain show they never aired any message so I recorded that whole thing and put it on Youtube. It's probably the most disappointing show onboard though, they really should have just had them running thorough out the dead times during the week and not organized it into a show. It would have looked better and been better for that atmosphere down there.

That's the sailing we were on and I never heard no photos either. To be fair though Hairspray was our 2nd night (1st was comedy club) so I wasn't even thinking about pictures at that point and wasn't listening closely yet. I do know that for the fountain show they never aired any message so I recorded that whole thing and put it on Youtube. It's probably the most disappointing show onboard though, they really should have just had them running thorough out the dead times during the week and not organized it into a show. It would have looked better and been better for that atmosphere down there.

On my first Oasis cruise in January they had the fountain show. In May they did a couple of songs after Oasis of Dreams but I never actually saw the show in the Compass.

Yes, that's definitely true about the fountain show. I recorded the whole thing also. It did suck. I didn't bother to put the video on YouTube.

This is exactly what I had heard during the announcements. Being that I always like to follow the rules I wanted clarification. So I went to ask one of the people at the door scanning our seapass cards. I was told that I could take pictures during Come Fly With Me, Oasis of Dreams, and the Ice Show (forgive me I forgot the name) as long as my flash was off. There is a strict no-no policy on Hairspray though. I was also told that video recording was not allowed in ANY shows.

This was during 5/29-6/5.

This is exactly what I had heard during the announcements. Being that I always like to follow the rules I wanted clarification. So I went to ask one of the people at the door scanning our seapass cards. I was told that I could take pictures during Come Fly With Me, Oasis of Dreams, and the Ice Show (forgive me I forgot the name) as long as my flash was off. There is a strict no-no policy on Hairspray though. I was also told that video recording was not allowed in ANY shows.

Huh! I wish I'd asked! Oh well! I took too many pictures anyway!

Good to hear an official verdict on this.

We just got off the Oasis today. For Hairspray they did say no photography, but for this show they said no "flash" photography, that means you can take photos without flash. We liked the show so much that we went to see it twice and took lots of "no flash" photos.

Archived