My Celebrity

stacyl67

Is anyone else having issues with adding reservations to "My Celebrity"? When I try to add a reservation I get an error message that says "Cannot add booking association due to internal restrictions."

My roommate on the cruise was able to add the reservation to her "My Celebrity".

I tried contacting Celebrity customer service but "Web Technical Assistance" isn't Technical and doesn't really provide Assistance either.

I talked to two "Web Technical Assistance" people, one person with Captains Club and strangely someone from Specialty Dining. They all said different things:

"That is only for reservations made on the web"

"That is only for adding a Royal Carribean reservation"

"Reservations made with a travel agent can't be added" (Except I made the reservation directly with Celebrity on the phone and when I had a reservation through a third party company last year I could add it).

"That has never worked" (except it did last year)

"That only works for some people but not others...if it ever worked for you it is a fluke" (Uh...then why not remove the functionality).

Hi,

I had no problem with my cruise for 2 July 2011. I booked via my TA and added the reservation using the REF# I was provided.

I have not tried to add the reservation to my wife's My Celebrity but will tonight an let you know how I get on.

Cheers Eric

I was having problems accessing the speciality dining and was told the site was down etc, by the tech dept at X(UK) ......but people I was speaking with on my roll call were getting in fine ...so I tried the obvious ...a different browser and got straight in.

I was using firefox when i had the problems ...but changed to IE and it was fine for me

I was having problems accessing the speciality dining and was told the site was down etc, by the tech dept at X(UK) ......but people I was speaking with on my roll call were getting in fine ...so I tried the obvious ...a different browser and got straight in.

I was using firefox when i had the problems ...but changed to IE and it was fine for me

Which version of IE worked for you? I have tried both IE and Firefox and I can't add my reservation using either.

Stacy,

I got that same "Internal Restrictions" error. I tried to add my reservation several times and couldn't. Very annoying. However, I wasn't annoyed enough to call the nohelp desk, so just accessed my booking by putting in the conf # and ship details directly...

I hope Celebrity looks at this board and improves their website.

Is anyone else having issues with adding reservations to "My Celebrity"? When I try to add a reservation I get an error message that says "Cannot add booking association due to internal restrictions."

My roommate on the cruise was able to add the reservation to her "My Celebrity".

We had the same problem a few years ago on a booking when my DW added our booking to her My Celebrity login account. When I tried to add it to my login account I got the same message.

The next booking we had I added it to my login and she had the same message when she tried to add the same booking to hers.

Here's what it appears to be…

Whoever adds the booking to the My Celebrity login first becomes the owner and other logins under different accounts will get this message attempting to add the same booking to theirs. Seems like they have a internal set limit to the first login account but I couldn't get anyone at the Captains Club to confirm this.

Joel

We had the same problem a few years ago on a booking when my DW added our booking to her My Celebrity login account. When I tried to add it to my login account I got the same message.

The next booking we had I added it to my login and she had the same message when she tried to add the same booking to hers.

Here's what it appears to be…

Whoever adds the booking to the My Celebrity login first becomes the owner and other logins under different accounts will get this message attempting to add the same booking to theirs. Seems like they have a internal set limit to the first login account but I couldn't get anyone at the Captains Club to confirm this.

Joel

That seems to be what has happened to us. It is at least a better explanation of what happened than the crazy answers I got from Celebrity.

I was just struggling with this yesterday and I too called X for help. I was told that sometimes it is basically locked and only TAs can input the info (I did use a TA, but he told me I would be able to log on).

The way around it according to the customer service person I spoke to is to avoid "my celebrity" altogether. Instead of clicking on my celebrity to login, first click "before your cruise" at the top of the page. That will prompt you to put in your reservation number, but the screen looks different than the my celebrity login screen. This worked for me and took me to the menu for booking shore excursions, specialty dining... The customer service person said to login this way every time.

All definitely untrue! I have never had a problem.

Sue

I haven't been able to access the reservation I made online through My Celebrity either. I called and was told the same thing - to go through "Before You Cruise" and then "Manage Reservation." I made the booking by myself through the website, but am considering canceling and rebooking with a Celebrity TA after all the trouble the site is giving me. Someone I spoke to on the phone at Celebrity told me they are "always" having problems with the website. Go figure.

I tried contacting Celebrity customer service but "Web Technical Assistance" isn't Technical and doesn't really provide Assistance either.

I talked to two "Web Technical Assistance" people, one person with Captains Club and strangely someone from Specialty Dining. They all said different things:

"Reservations made with a travel agent can't be added" (Except I made the reservation directly with Celebrity on the phone and when I had a reservation through a third party company last year I could add it).

"That only works for some people but not others...if it ever worked for you it is a fluke" (Uh...then why not remove the functionality).

I think you'll ony get that message "Cannot add booking association due to internal restrictions." if someone else (TA?) was accessing your reservation. That's what happened to me. As soon as my TA was logged out, I was able to add my reservation.

IMAGINE BLUE TYPE HERE - My MAC/Safari doesnt' do the HTML. Here's what it appears to be…Whoever adds the booking to the My Celebrity login first becomes the owner and other logins under different accounts will get this message attempting to add the same booking to theirs. Seems like they have a internal set limit to the first login account but I couldn't get anyone at the Captains Club to confirm this. Joel

Joel - best answer I've seen. It makes sense. After all logic trumps low-paid responders. IMAGING CONFUSED ICON:confused: I'll have to check to see if my husband has the same problem I do since he booked the trip.

Archived