So that people stop asking about Elegant Night...

ChefSusan

Your first Elegant Night will be the first day at sea.

If you are on a cruise longer than 5 days, your second Elegant night will be two nights before you return to the ship's home port.

For example: on Carnival Legend, the first Elegant Night is the first day at sea; the second Elegant Night is the fourth stop (Roatan).

Hope this will cut down on the number of threads on this topic that are out there!!!

Haha, it probably won't, since search doesn't seem to be used all that often. We'll all just have to bump it back to the front every day so people see it. :p

Well gosh... then you need to make a post about smuggling, the recent pride cancellation, chair hogs, smoking, etc......if you don't want to see repeated posts on any topic ! :rolleyes:

Don't like a post...? No one makes you open the thread do they ? :confused:

Well gosh... then you need to make a post about smuggling, the recent pride cancellation, chair hogs, smoking, etc......if you don't want to see repeatitious posts on any topic ! :rolleyes:

Wow, who peed in your cheerios today? I think OP was just trying to be helpful starting a thread that answers a question that's asked twice a day. People get so angry on these boards!

Wow, who peed in your cheerios today? I think OP was just trying to be helpful starting a thread that answers a question that's asked twice a day. People get so angry on these boards!

No one did anything on my cherrios..... OP needs to lighten up on folks that do not know answers to questions they have, regardless if it has been asked a gazillion times. :rolleyes:

Well gosh... then you need to make a post about smuggling, the recent pride cancellation, chair hogs, smoking, etc......if you don't want to see repeated posts on any topic ! :rolleyes:

Yea I agree with the post above. Why open it if you don't want to read it.. just skim over the topics, and don't read those that you cause you so much anger.

If you are on a cruise longer than 5 days, your second Elegant night will be two nights before you return to the ship's home port.

For example: on Carnival Legend, the first Elegant Night is the first day at sea; the second Elegant Night is the fourth stop (Roatan).

Hope this will cut down on the number of threads on this topic that are out there!!!

Better go advise this thread too, but only it's a question of a 4night cruise and what night is cruise elegant ! :o

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1231735

Are you sure about this? My experience has been that the second night is Elegant night (regardless if it is a Sea Day or not). On a 7 night cruise my experience is that the second Elegant night is on the sixth night. I think Carnival's daily dinner menus bare this out.

Actually, I am another who agrees with this comment. People always seem to welcome new people to the board but get irritated for questions they might ask. I was always told there are no stupid questions.

So what if they don't use a search option. If someone wants to ask a question they should. If you are tired of the questions just move along, and don't worry about them or suggest that the moderators create a sticky for the common questions.

Actually, I am another who agrees with this comment. People always seem to welcome new people to the board but get irritated for questions they might ask. I was always told there are no stupid questions.

So what if they don't use a search option. If someone wants to ask a question they should. If you are tired of the questions just move along, and don't worry about them or suggest that the moderators create a sticky for the common questions.

I posted a question earlier about how many elegant nights on a 7 day cruise because after scrolling through about 5 pages of forum threads and searching Carnival's website, I could not find my answer.

Sorry if I offended anyone by asking this question, but my education has taught me that the only stupid question is the one that never gets asked.

Not to mention, things change constantly..

There is no wrong question....ask away..plenty will be happy to answer you :)

Not to mention..what an odd phrase,cause well...you always mention it,after you say this ;)

I posted a question earlier about how many elegant nights on a 7 day cruise because after scrolling through about 5 pages of forum threads and searching Carnival's website, I could not find my answer.

Sorry if I offended anyone by asking this question, but my education has taught me that the only stupid question is the one that never gets asked.

Ask away, that is what the boards are for!!!!!

Actually it could be Day 2 or Day 3 depending...

http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/default.aspx?faq=formalnights

How many formal nights are onboard? Which nights are they on?Most evenings we have a Cruise Casual dress code, but there are those Cruise Elegant evenings one or two nights throughout the voyage. The length of the cruise determines the number of Cruise Elegant evenings in the Dining Room. The first Cruise Elegant evening is scheduled for the 2nd or 3rd day of the cruise; the second Cruise Elegant evening is scheduled for the 2nd or 3rd day prior to the end of the cruise, schedules permitting.

• 1-day cruise: none

• 2-day to 5-day cruise: one Cruise Elegant evening

• 6-day or longer cruise: two Cruise Elegant evenings

Sometimes I think the purpose is to flame people whose questions you do not like.

Yes I concur, but that just seems to be some people's purpose in life.

Of course,it could just be that us chattycathy's like to talk...:D

LOL well I did come by the name honestly!!! :D

Are you sure about this? My experience has been that the second night is Elegant night (regardless if it is a Sea Day or not).....

Actually it could be Day 2 or Day 3 depending...

The first Cruise Elegant evening is scheduled for the 2nd or 3rd day of the cruise; the second Cruise Elegant evening is scheduled for the 2nd or 3rd day prior to the end of the cruise, schedules permitting.

And thus, the reason for the question being asked so many times. Even on the same ship, same itin, I have seen the elegant night be switched from 2nd night (with a port) to 3rd night (sea day) and back. Best way to tell..... read your Fun Times once you are on board!:cool:

Happy cruising to all!

I understand the post the OP is trying to do.

People will still post questions that have been asked before. There are so many different answers out there, no one knows who to believe.

Its not that I get frustrated with posts about smoking, chair hogs, and booze smuggling, I get BORED with them. I just scroll over the ones I dont want to read and move on to the next one.

No one did anything on my cherrios..... OP needs to lighten up on folks that do not know answers to questions they have, regardless if it has been asked a gazillion times. :rolleyes:

travelntreats.....I totally agree with you. Who quit and made the OP a BB HOST.....pleeeeeze:rolleyes:??

Archived