June 27th Summit: Anyone Ill?

Editor

Hi,

Really sorry to hear you are ill. Not a nice way to end your cruise. Was not on your cruise, but will be on summit soon.

Are we talking upper resp. infection or are we talking Noro?

Either way, I hope you are feeling better soon.

Anne

Thank you. I'm talking intestinal virus. :(

One afternoon on board a woman in the next restroom stall to mine off the Waterfall Cafe was having major "explosions." I washed my hands VERY thorougly and got the heck out of there . . . I guess not fast enough.

One afternoon on board a woman in the next restroom stall to mine off the Waterfall Cafe was having major "explosions." I washed my hands VERY thorougly and got the heck out of there . . . I guess not fast enough.

Thanks for responding. I truly hope that at this point you are feeling much better.

Anne

Doubtful that you picked it up from the "explosions." The GI viruses tend to be passed from contact with people and/or surfaces (rather than airborne). Or from contaminated food (rare on ships because they are so careful). Of course, I'd have gotten out of that restroom fast too, as it was undoubtedly unpleasant. I do try to avoid touching public bathroom surfaces after washing my hands by using a clean paper towel to shut off faucet (if not automatic) and to open door. Hope you are feeling better.

Archived