Which rainforest in the southern caribbean?

My mother is 77 y/0 and in a wheelchair. We will be sailing the southern caribbean itinerary in December and she would like to see a rainforest. Which rainforest would be best for sightseeing for someone in a wheelchair....San Juan or St. Lucia? Thanks.

My mother is 77 y/0 and in a wheelchair. We will be sailing the southern caribbean itinerary in December and she would like to see a rainforest. Which rainforest would be best for sightseeing for someone in a wheelchair....San Juan or St. Lucia? Thanks.

That's a tough one. I've been to both (El Yunque in San Juan and the Rain Forest in St Lucia). Both are very hilly but I'd lean towards El Yunque as the better of the two. I think it would be easier getting there (larger bus) and it is easier to navigate within the Rain Forest. She should be able to get to most but not all the places within the rain forest.

Remember that it is about an hour or so to get to El Yunque from San Juan. St Lucia Rain Forest is about 30 minutes from the port.

We did the rainforest in San Juan on our departure day on our last cruise. Most of the trip is in a large bus with only two short stops so she could see most of the area toured and while the rest of the party is walking in the forest for a short time she would be able to stay at the look-out and watch a fabulous view. Looking forward to seeing the rainforest in St Lucia on our next cruise.

Archived