Question about booking as a past cruiser

taliacamp

Hello, booking the Glory for November today..(YAY!!). A Carnival rep said that I am eligible to get the past guest discount because I have cruised with Princess and they are sister ships. The thing is, my sister and her husband are coming also and she is not a past guest. The rep said that I could book one room under my name and one room under my husbands so we could get both rooms at a discount, and then change one room to my sister's name once we get on the ship...ok this seems confusing just writing it, never mind doing it! Has anyone done this, or is it not even worth it for a $30.00 discount and a deck upgrade.

Thanks in advance!

The thing is, you never know how far the past guest rate will go down before final payment. It could be more than $30. Plus it doesn't HAVE to be right away. You could wait until later on in the evening, maybe during one of the dinner seatings or later, and the line most likely wouldn't be very long.

VERY easy to do. When we had to do the switcheroo this past June, we boarded the ship, went straight to the purser's desk (No line at all!!) and had them switch the keys. That is all that really needs to be done.

Do it.....it could end up being worth more than $30, plus it is very easy! (Much easier than returning merchandise to a store.)

We're doing this because I forgot to switch our cabins (booked under ES thinking we would switch to Interline rate once they were published) before making final payment. No biggie, as we want to also ask the folks at Guest Services to put us on the list of cabins to open up the connecting balcony door for.

Thanks guys, we booked it, both under mine and my husbands names, and by doing that we saved the 30.00 plus we were able to get two balcony rooms next to each other. Thanks for all of your advice!!:D

Archived