hamburgers in the rainforest visitor center....

ready2gosailing

Good morning everyone!

I'm hoping someone can help. My family and I were on a Carnival Victory cruise in May sailing out of San Juan. We spent three days in San Juan before our cruise and spent one of those days in El Yunque. While visiting the Visitor's Center, we had lunch at a little place inside and had the best cheeseburgers we've ever had. The girl who worked there was very friendly, and told us the sauce was made by her mother, and was available to be purchase online, and provided us with a flyer for their cafe (there is another between there and the actual rainforest). Anyway, there isn't a website, but there is an email address listed, and we would love to buy some of this sauce. Unfortunately, we have emailed several times and haven't gotten a reply. Does anyone (maybe one of you live in San Juan?) have a better way to contact and order, or maybe current information? The name is Yoquiyu Delights. It's completely awesome, my husband can't stop talking about it. We would love to buy some of the sauce for ourselves, and for our families.

And in case anyone was wondering, San Juan is a beautiful place to spend some time. We loved the forts, the rainforest, the cemetery by El Morro, the city wall.... just everything. We hope to visit again.

Thanks!

Being a PR resident, I'm not sure if I can list the website on here so just do a google search for Yoquiyu Delights and you should see the top 2 results showing their website and their facebook page - they have email and phone numbers listed

what is the name of the little restaurant? Yoquiyu Delights? we will try. always looking for good burgers. thanks. BTW...in the rain forest, is it a good to wear Keens? Does stuff fall into it like sticks, stones?

We wore Keens when we went, and they worked out great. We could wade in the water below the falls, and didn't have any problem with sticks or anything. Keep an eye out for the really big snails stuck to the trees and things, very cool.

Thanks for the links, I'll check them out!

Archived