Tomsom dream e-mail to md thomsom cruies

Think i will get reply folks ?

------------------------------------------------:)

Dear Mr. Selby

Thank you for kind offer of £75 per person as your letter on 5th July, for the air conditioning problem (our cruise was from29th JUNE)

Mr. Selby we paid £1999 for 7 days on the new flag ship on our 25th Anniversary

What a total disgrace the only plus point is that the staff and crew and entertainment are 5 *

No need to go on as you must be aware of the reports

Damp carpet in our room, de humidifier outside our room blasting away all night

Found coffee beans in the cabin (only a few) but speaking to other passengers

They also had the coffee beans.(other people mentioned this )

This was to disguise any previous smells etc

On deck 9 smoke was bellowing from the funnel and soot was in the pool

I had some shorts to change into from swimwear but these were black

With the soot. (They were cleaned via customer service thanks for that)

The sun beds on deck 9 are something I would throw in the skip if at home

Mr. Selby do you think we obtained value for money?

Thomsom have 5 * for organization.however in this case Mr Selby you have

Ruined our 25th Anniversary and further more we will not recommend your

“New flagship”to anyone

Good marketing in the brochure but alas all is not what it seems ?

If not for the staff /waiters /entertainment the ship would sink

With respect Steve you forgot

The ship was spotless,food good and plenty choice and that the faulty AC not working 100% but didn`t affect you and that you enjoyed the cruise very much,all which you mentioned in your previous post

Will you get a reply?I don`t know

With respect Steve you forgot

The ship was spotless,food good and plenty choice and that the faulty AC not working 100% but didn`t affect you and that you enjoyed the cruise very much,all which you mentioned in your previous post

Will you get a reply?I don`t know

Hi Jim, we got a cheque for £200 from Thomson while you were away, which we were quite pleased with:) but I hope others who were on board during the "great stink" get much more:confused:

Hi Linda,

Yep,read that earlier,what was the £200 for,smells?no AC?

We got £150 which we were surprised and happy with for no smells :p

Hi Jim,

I wrote them a letter when we got back saying that we were disappointed with the condition of the ship. Buckets catching water which was coming through light fittings:eek: and that it should have been refurbished before they took on paying customers and that we had thought of going to the Caribbean on her, but were now looking at other cruise lines, where we could get a better ship for more or less the same money, and I would not be recommending the Dream to anyone:(

I did not expect to get any money back (especially as it got much worse after we were on there:() so was delighted with £200.

We were like you, we enjoyed our holiday, but recognised there were lots of things wrong with the ship. To make matters worse, we stayed the second week in a hotel near Alcudia that had just been decorated all through and had lovely bouncy new carpets. So that made the Dream look even tattier:rolleyes:

Have stayed there lovely hotel and a great location just on the beach. My friend came back from there last week and i asked her if they had had new carpets as i thought that was where you had stayed. glad you enjoyed it.

Think i will get reply folks ?

------------------------------------------------:)

Dear Mr. Selby

Thank you for kind offer of £75 per person as your letter on 5th July, for the air conditioning problem (our cruise was from29th JUNE)

Mr. Selby we paid £1999 for 7 days on the new flag ship on our 25th Anniversary

What a total disgrace the only plus point is that the staff and crew and entertainment are 5 *

No need to go on as you must be aware of the reports

Damp carpet in our room, de humidifier outside our room blasting away all night

Found coffee beans in the cabin (only a few) but speaking to other passengers

They also had the coffee beans.(other people mentioned this )

This was to disguise any previous smells etc

On deck 9 smoke was bellowing from the funnel and soot was in the pool

I had some shorts to change into from swimwear but these were black

With the soot. (They were cleaned via customer service thanks for that)

The sun beds on deck 9 are something I would throw in the skip if at home

Mr. Selby do you think we obtained value for money?

Thomsom have 5 * for organization.however in this case Mr Selby you have

Ruined our 25th Anniversary and further more we will not recommend your

“New flagship”to anyone

Good marketing in the brochure but alas all is not what it seems ?

If not for the staff /waiters /entertainment the ship would sink

You asked " Do you think I will get a reply "

I am not defending things that are not as they shoud be.

My answer is you will get a standard reply.I would be amazed if you were to get any reply from David Selby - particularly if you do not email him directly - and with respect your final comment diminishes the value of what you wrote before. The ship can not sink due to those particular staff not being employed - it would float with no one on board. If a complaint is to be taken seriously then you would be best advised to stick to facts.

Had you offered solutions and suggestions in your complaint then that would have improved your letter too.

As I see it you got £75 for the airconditioning issue ( which others received ) and your shorts were cleaned. The issue with the dehumidifier you no doubt raised with reception and they have a log of this.When you complained about the noise from this what did they say ? You need to add this to your letter. What solutions did they offer ? If none, why none ? etc

As you have not complained about the food and have said the staff and entertainment are excellent then there is little of substance left for them to comment on.

I am sorry if you find that harsh but that is the reality as I see it where it stands. I am not being unsympahetic to your spoilt anniversary but merely commenting on what you have written. In fact I would be as disappointed as you are if that were my silver wedding anniversary special holiday cruise and it had these issues too.

Have to agree with the above. A good letter of complaint will point out the problems in a constructive way, offering potential solutions and suggesting areas for improvment. A letter that is simply a catalogue of moans and sarcasm may be good for a laugh when read out on TV consumer programmes but is unlikely to get the most positive response from the company to whom you are complaining.

I wrote to Thomson direct about my worries about going on The Dream in September. I got a phone call from my travel agent who said that they had been assured that any problems have been solved. Why did they not get back to me from Thomsons?

Today I rang the travel agent to speak to the person who had left the message told he would ring me back. He didn't, he decided to aks another member of staff to ring and tell me that everything would be ok. She then read a review posted over this weekend to say that food good, staff good, entertainment good. No mention of problems with smells etc. When asked about this nothing. She did say that she would not like to have 2 weeks onboard a ship which had problems with sewage, dirty water and no water.

Asked what I could do when on the ship if the problems still existed. Nothing was her reply contact them when I return.

I asked about changing ship. Told to call into the travel agents and see the lady I originally booked with and she would help me. I asked about the AI, as this was one of the reasons we booked this cruise 11 months ago. Was told that they would liaise with Thomsons direct to see if they would honour this but it was very unlikely as it would be treated as a new booking.

It seems that it does not matter what we do we loose. Unless there has been a lot of work done to resolve all of the water and sewage problems.

Once again it means that the travel agents and Thomson have taken the money and they don't really care. Yes they will try to help but I don't suppose we will gain anything.

I am very dissapointed with Thomsons not getting back to me and contacting my travel agent but as I have said they have my money, so who cares.

I am sure that I am not the only person who is now not looking forward to thier long awaited holiday.

Linda,why are you not looking forward to your holiday?

Having returned from the Dream on the 6th July and on my experience there were no smells,plumbing probs,hot water probs etc..Water was turned off on our last night which we were informed about but it was during the night and was back on by 5am.We did have Air con probs intially but was working full blast when we left the ship,in fact a hat and gloves would not have went amiss ;)

I agree with Jim here. What more assurance do you need than the reviews of those who have recently returned from the Dream? The most you are going to get from Thomson's or your travel agent is a standard letter saying that all of the problems have been fixed and why would you believe that any more than the reviews from paying customers?

I am very dissapointed with Thomsons not getting back to me and contacting my travel agent but as I have said they have my money, so who cares.

You booked with the travel agent and therefore in the same way as Thomson send your tickets to the travel agent for you to collect before you go, the reply you got from Thomson was via the travel agent. Sorry it is as simple as that.

Hi

If you don't get a reply contact them saying you haven't had a reply and would appreciate one. I had to do this three times not by email but by letter. I then telephoned direct to the after sales team and next day an advisor phoned back to discuss my concerns and offered me £250 which I accepted.

My complaint was not about the Dream but the Escape and it was done in the context of dissapointment compared to previous Thomson ships we had been on and like you I also pointed out the good points.

Good luck and I hope you get this sorted . If not keep at them.

Mary

You booked with the travel agent and therefore in the same way as Thomson send your tickets to the travel agent for you to collect before you go, the reply you got from Thomson was via the travel agent. Sorry it is as simple as that.

Not necessarily ;- we have booked our cruise on the Spirit via a travel agent. I have written to Thomson directly about it due to special medical diets and Thomson have written a very nice reassuring letter directly back to me.

Archived