Mini suite Deck 11 - Noisy under Pool?

I'm currently booked in balcony room on the Pearl deck 10 forward and considering to upgrade to a minisuite, 11052, which appears to be under the pool area. It's an Alaska cruise so I'm wondering how much the pool gets used and will it be noisy in this cabin (travelling with 2yr old and infant).

TIA.

We were in 11086 on the Pearl last fall and I don't recall hearing ANY noise. No, we weren't under the pool, to answer your question, but I loved the area.

Hikini

I have only once taken a cabin under the pool area and for that matter under any out door area. If you were in the cabin during the day you could hear the loungers being moved, in the evening it was ladies shoes and in the early hours of the morning it was the hoses being dragged around by the crew while cleaning the decks. All unavoidable noise, not overly annoying, and in no way destroying the cruise experiance, just noticable when it happened.

Now admittedly the ship was Superstar Virgo but her sister is Norwegian Spirit so I gather the same thing occurs on it. Now this problem may have been fixed in later ships but I still book cabins two decks below the pool deck.

I am booked on deck 10 on Pearl and I would not take a suite between the numbers 11526-70 and 11026-70 personally unless someone could assure you that there is no noise. It just one of those things that if you can avoid you do.:)

Archived