Mobile, AL Restaurants / night life.

BigDfromTN

Hello all, We are staying at the Renasance (sp) River View before our cruise.

On another trip to there we came through town from the north from Hwy 45 and run through an area near(I think) downtown that had several restaurants and bar looking places. If I recall right there may have been a park across the street as well.

Can someone tell me where this was and how far it is from The RiverView? Is it in walking distance?

We have stayed there before and went across the street to Veet's. Had a big time but looking for other options.

TIA,

Don

Hello all, We are staying at the Renasance (sp) River View before our cruise.

On another trip to there we came through town from the north from Hwy 45 and run through an area near(I think) downtown that had several restaurants and bar looking places. If I recall right there may have been a park across the street as well.

Can someone tell me where this was and how far it is from The RiverView? Is it in walking distance?

We have stayed there before and went across the street to Veet's. Had a big time but looking for other options.

TIA,

Don

You are probably talking about Dauphin St. There is an area with quite a few bars and restaurants along Dauphin St. I've heard it referred to as a mini Bourbon St, but, it really isn't close. It is walking distance from the Riverview. Ask for directions at the desk.

http://memberservices.membee.com/almobcvc/irmdirectory1.aspx?action=Search&value=NL09

You are probably talking about Dauphin St. There is an area with quite a few bars and restaurants along Dauphin St. I've heard it referred to as a mini Bourbon St, but, it really isn't close. It is walking distance from the Riverview. Ask for directions at the desk.

http://memberservices.membee.com/almobcvc/irmdirectory1.aspx?action=Search&value=NL09

Thanks, That is exactly what I was looking for.

Any one in particular you know of or suggest for a sunday night?

Here's a map of downtown that will show you how to get around on foot. The Riverview is located at the corner of Govt St. and Royal/Water Sts. It should only be about a 3-4 block walk over the Dauphin St. I suspect that the park you were referring to is Bienville Sq. It is only about 4 blocks from the Riverview.

http://www.mobile.org/pdf/downtown.pdf

There is a FREE downtown trolley service (moda!) that runs a loop around downtown and runs about every 10 minutes. However, late at night it doesn't run. Mon-Fri 7-6. Sat 9-5 and it doesn't run on Sunday. There is a number at the bottom right corner of the map that you can call for info.

Here's a map of downtown that will show you how to get around on foot. The Riverview is located at the corner of Govt St. and Royal/Water Sts. It should only be about a 3-4 block walk over the Dauphin St. I suspect that the park you were referring to is Bienville Sq. It is only about 4 blocks from the Riverview.

http://www.mobile.org/pdf/downtown.pdf

There is a FREE downtown trolley service (moda!) that runs a loop around downtown and runs about every 10 minutes. However, late at night it doesn't run. Mon-Fri 7-6. Sat 9-5 and it doesn't run on Sunday. There is a number at the bottom right corner of the map that you can call for info.

Thanks Futaba...

You have been very helpful!!

This is exactly what I was wanting to know.

Archived