Serenade of the Seas B2B June 20-July 4: My Diary

I can understand why people would say that they got off the boat and got right back on again in Dominica......But only because the area right by the dock is VERY poverty-stricken and I actually hated it too. HOWEVER, I couldn't wait for our tour to begin because I knew that the other side of the island was all natural and undisturbed and yes- a real rainforest! You have to be willing to explore. Anyway, we too did Trafalgar Fallls and Sulphur Springs. OMG did you SEE all the HUMMINGBIRDSSS in the falls park???? It was absolutely extraordinary: gorgeous royal blue birds with ruby throats ALL OVER THE PLACE. Magical. I LOVED it. :D

So sad to see this review coming to an end! I've thoroughly enjoyed reading it and looking at your pictures! We were on the ship with you your first week. I love to read reviews afterwards and see how other people spent their week. I have to say, you make a B2B look very enticing...!

What a great review and thanks for the pictures of room 1600.

I would like it, but my wife prefers to be more midship.

I have 1554 for two weeks starting next June 19. It's on the hump and has a good size balcony.

Loved your information on the beaches. We are not big tour people and prefer to do things on our own.

Jane thanks for the wonderful review. I think it is the best I have ever read. We are doing a B2B on the Serenade next Oct. and Nov. It will be extra special because our DD, SIL and our GS will be on the second leg with us. This will be our GS (AGE 8 ) first cruise and our DD and SIL first on RCCL.

Thanks again.

Judi :)

Judi......Oct/Nov is a great time to cruise. When you do a B2B....it is so relaxing, especially when there are so many ports.. I hope your family loves RCI.

I can understand why people would say that they got off the boat and got right back on again in Dominica......But only because the area right by the dock is VERY poverty-stricken and I actually hated it too. HOWEVER, I couldn't wait for our tour to begin because I knew that the other side of the island was all natural and undisturbed and yes- a real rainforest! You have to be willing to explore. Anyway, we too did Trafalgar Fallls and Sulphur Springs. OMG did you SEE all the HUMMINGBIRDSSS in the falls park???? It was absolutely extraordinary: gorgeous royal blue birds with ruby throats ALL OVER THE PLACE. Magical. I LOVED it. :D

You're right......you have to be willing to explore. And yes......it is magical!

So sad to see this review coming to an end! I've thoroughly enjoyed reading it and looking at your pictures! We were on the ship with you your first week. I love to read reviews afterwards and see how other people spent their week. I have to say, you make a B2B look very enticing...!

Sorry we didn't get to meet! Where were you all week!!? Hope you had as good a time as we did! This particular cruise is ideal for a B2B.

What a great review and thanks for the pictures of room 1600.

I would like it, but my wife prefers to be more midship.

I have 1554 for two weeks starting next June 19. It's on the hump and has a good size balcony.

Loved your information on the beaches. We are not big tour people and prefer to do things on our own.

Those hump balconies are awesome. That's where we prefer to hang out! But if you don't mind walking, 1600 is such a nice suite.

You can't go wrong with any of those beaches!!

Jane...

Loved your review of your B2B and the great information it contained. The Serenade is our favorite ship and the crew is spectacular. We did a B2B on Serenade last January and have more booked for January 2011, and 2012.

The beaches that you visited gave me a few new ones that we can try on our next Serenade B2B.

THANKS!!!

Bill

Hi Jane:

Happy Belated 25th Anniversary to you and John!:) Glad both of you had a fantastic cruise and really enjoyed yourselves.

Excellent review and beautiful pictures!! I felt like I was on the cruise with you! Fantastic job - you go girl!! The Serenade is a beautiful ship and our favorite.

Welcome back!

Sea ya!

Sorry we didn't get to meet! Where were you all week!!? Hope you had as good a time as we did! This particular cruise is ideal for a B2B.

We had the ultimate "family vacation" - didn't mingle much this cruise' date=' but spent a lot of time with our 18 & 21 year old daughters, which was nice. We were at Valley Church Beach with you though. I was looking through my pictures and I [u']think[/u] this is you in the background! :)

IMG_2830.jpg?t=1278944548

We hadn't been on RCCL in 17 years (Song of America, believe it or not!) and I'm a new convert. I LOVED this ship and the crew. I hope to do a lot more cruising now that our daughters will both be in college and our time will be more our own. Then again, with 2 in college, our money may not be more our own...but we'll work it out! :D

Jane...

Loved your review of your B2B and the great information it contained. The Serenade is our favorite ship and the crew is spectacular. We did a B2B on Serenade last January and have more booked for January 2011, and 2012.

The beaches that you visited gave me a few new ones that we can try on our next Serenade B2B.

THANKS!!!

Bill

Bill.....You are so lucky to be able to cruise in January. I think that would be perfect. I want to do this again on the Serenade.....I just have to convince John!

Hope you can try some new beaches on your next trip. I can personally vouch for all of these that we went to this time. We'll be going back to all of them!

After this we all went in to the CL for one last time. Samuel was there and he had some talent that we didn't know about. He is a singer. He sang "The Gambler" for us and he was really good! Look out Julian!!!!

508.jpg

LOL....I'm loving your pics and your posts.

I really hope I run into this guy Samuel. Do you know if the bartender is switched out every cruise?

Gina

Edited by mommabean

Hi Jane:

Happy Belated 25th Anniversary to you and John!:) Glad both of you had a fantastic cruise and really enjoyed yourselves.

Excellent review and beautiful pictures!! I felt like I was on the cruise with you! Fantastic job - you go girl!! The Serenade is a beautiful ship and our favorite.

Welcome back!

Sea ya!

Hey girl!!! Good to hear from you! And thanks! Hope all is going well in the Land of Jersey! Let us hear from you. Are you ever going to start cruising again? When you do....let us know.....we'll have a big celebration!

Only 33 days and then it is my turn!

Thanks for a wonderful review.

You'd better post a review when you return. I'll be anxious to see how your trip goes. If you have any other questions about anything, just let me know.

Jane,

I'm glad you have a wonderful experience aboard Seranade. This was truly one of the best reviews I've read. Thank you for taking the time to share. :)

Thanks, Yvonne! I see you're booked on the Radiance to Alaska! You are gonna love that! Be sure and visit the Alaska boards here on Cruise Critic to get some great ideas. That's the best board on here.

Great review and thank you. When leaving St.lucia did the Capt. make a 360 so all could see the Pitons? Thank You

Hey....no I don't believe she did that, but that was during my nap time, so what do I know!! That would be neat, though. You know we've been to St. Lucia quite a few times and I've never seen the Pitons!!

I meant to tell you about the new Diamond Plus coupon booklets that we got on our second week. They are nice. You can get two for one in a specialty restaurant on the first night' date=' the $25 bag of laundry (which we took advantage of both weeks), a free photo, free coffee at Lattetudes, buy a glass of wine or beer and get another free, then one with a 25% discount, the same crappy "Spin to Win" coupons, and lots more. Much nicer booklet.[/size']

It has been reported that the free coffee coupon is for the specialty restaurant now. So...it's really for lattetudes?

Gina

Jane, once again,thanks, where in n.c. Do you live??.. My son lives outside of charlotte.. Would love to meet you folks someday.. Maybe cruise together.. Till then,, mike&sue

Mike.....we live in Burlington, about an hour and 20 minutes east of Charlotte.....just on the other side of Greensboro. I love to meet up with fellow CCer's. When is your next cruise? Our next one in on the Explorer for Christmas and New Year's. That will be our fifth Holiday cruise in a row. They are the best!!

We had the ultimate "family vacation" - didn't mingle much this cruise, but spent a lot of time with our 18 & 21 year old daughters, which was nice. We were at Valley Church Beach with you though. I was looking through my pictures and I think this is you in the background! :)

IMG_2830.jpg?t=1278944548

We hadn't been on RCCL in 17 years (Song of America, believe it or not!) and I'm a new convert. I LOVED this ship and the crew. I hope to do a lot more cruising now that our daughters will both be in college and our time will be more our own. Then again, with 2 in college, our money may not be more our own...but we'll work it out! :D

LOL!! That's hilarious! Yep....that's us all right! That was a great beach day even if there wasn't any sun! Thanks for posting that! Good luck with that college thing and cruising!!!