Motion Patches Question

robinsnest64

I get horribly seasick and have used the patch on 2 cruises -- they work wonderfully for me! You put it behind the ear and remove after 3 days and then put another one on, behind the opposite ear. THe caution about rubbing your eyes is right on. I did not experience nightmares or hallucinations, that I can recall, but did have a bit of a dry mouth and also felt a bit tipsy, or whatever you might call it. But heck -- we were on cruises to Mexico and it was very hot, so we were all thirsty, and I figure I didn't have to spend as much on alcohol to get the "buzz". I stocked up for our next cruise next month. The drawback is they cost me $50 for a 12 day supply, but well worth it to me.

The patches & pills.I don't take anything that side effects are worse than my actual symptoms. I prefer natural remedies for nausea & seasickness. Anything with ginger or peppermint.examples:

ginger or ginger root capsules, candy, ginger ale, peppermint candy, peppermint tea, my friend brings a box of gingersnaps on the cruise(go figure). I personally take the ginger capsules. There could me more items but these are what I can think of at moment.:D

If you would rather wait till you get onthe ship and see how you do, might I recommend Meclizine? It is a fast acting anti-dizziness pill. It alleviates the dizzy so that takes care of the nausea . I have used them many times for inner ear infections that caused issues with balance and my doctor recommended them for our cruise. I choose to use the patch instead, but my wife waited and on our first night she felt like it was coming on so she took a meclizine and then applied the patch, she was fine from there on out.

Archived