NCL Sun child programs

tankersbabe

Looking to book Norweigan Sun in April of next year.

Kiddo will be 3 1/2...good itinerary.

How are the child care programs on NCL? That way he can have some fun for a little while each day. Our cruise on RCL was fine, but he was too young for the program, and the Royal Tots fun times were a joke.

But I digress...

Any input would be awesome!

Thanks!

I'm not sure about the 3 - 5 age group but my kids had a great time on the NCL Jewel last year and they were in the 6 - 8 age group. There were always lots of activities and games and they have a little play area that is geared to the little kids. DS8 loved the kids club and never wanted to leave. He loved that they played lots of games. DD6 liked it but not as much - she wanted more arts & crafts and quieter activities.

They have a small kids pool with a little slide and a kids only hot tub which would be fun with smaller kids. They also had a childrens area of the buffet with typical kids food which my kids thought was great. It made it a lot easier to feed them without having to fight the main buffet lines.

We have sailed the NCL Sun twice. There is not much of a kid pool (oversized jacuzzi more like it). And there was deffinately no kids style food on the buffet. My sister had to bring the kids to the dining room nightly because she could not find items at dinner time at the buffet her kids would eat. The NCL Sun was the least kid friendly ship we have ever sailed (9 ships). Luckily my family had sailed her before so I warned my sister before our Alaska cruise. We sailed the Sun because of the overall $$$ savings. After pricing out every Alaska option, the Sun saved my sister's family over $2200 dollars. We did have a great time and her kids did like the kids club, but the ship itself is not overly kid friendly.

Thanks for the replies!

Hmmm...the food is not an issue. Kiddo is really flexible. And the pool isn't an issue. He couldn't care less about pools or their size..thankfully he'll only be 3 1/2 for our hopeful sailing date.

Hey ...it cannot be any worse than the kid unfriendliness that Monarch was. That was a nice cruise, but there was NOTHING for him to do on board...but he had a good time. We made do!

Gives me a starting point!

Thanks!

We travelled on the Sun last summer to Alaska. My kids were 5 and 7. The 7 year old LOVED it but my 5 year old went once, cried and would never go back!!

We did the pizza making and stuff together with him and he would go if we were there but he didn't love it at all...

I think it may be partly because he likes being with us but also I think they maybe catered better for the older kids?

Hope your child has a blast :)

Archived